• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thank You

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I don't know how much time I'm going to be spending on these boards the next two days, so I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for all of your support and the lessons I've learned as a member of AW. I leave on Friday at some ungodly hour in the morning for Dulles and from there it's on to Lexington and the rest of my life. When we get our computer and internet privileges back, I'll check in to let y'all know how it's going, but I don't know when that's going to be. Again, thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,
Andrew

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Good luck, I wouldn't worry about spending time on this board, spend it with family and friends.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Have fun man. In retrospect I had a blast at Rook Week, the indoc week at Norwich. Made the best friends of my life during that first year. Only those who've gone through it with you can appreciate it. My dentist growing up was a VMI alum, we'd always talk about our experiences to the wonderment of everyone else in the office.

thull

don't forget who has higher access priviledges than you.

CRS1900-2T.jpg

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good luck, dont fall into the two traps that await you
Trap#1: I have the shiniest shoes in the Corps but my grades suck
Trap#2: I play Football so all that military crap really doesnt apply to me (unless the NFL is in your future most of that military crap will pay off more down the road)
Im not belittling the importance of either one but keep it all in perspective
Best of Luck

pilotvmi

Yeah, dont worry too much about your shoes. Take advantage of your freshman level classes and get a good buffer going into your third class year. The typical football player at vmi doesnt give a shiznit about being a cadet, dont be like that. If you get a descent gpa(3.0 or a little higher) you will most likely be able to get a 3 year nrotc scholarship especially if you have a technical major. Being on the football team will help a lot also.