• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TH-57 Photo and MP3

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And they've somewhat recently changed the dity significantly.

Lane, lock, sock, extra 100 feet.

VSI at or below zero, entering.

Down, right, idle, turn.

Attitude, Nr, ball. Attitude, Nr, ball.

200 feet, into the courseline. 150 feet, collective full down.

75 feet, flare. Twist grip, twist grip, twist grip. Twist grip full open. (Roger, full open)

15 feet, Pull, Pause, Level. Taxi, taxi, taxi.

It's a total mouthful to get it all out. But due to all of the roll overs lately, they changed a bunch of stuff.

Does the instructor ever say "Jesus Christ....i have the controls!!!!" right after the pull pause level step?

theBRAD006

I picked HSC for the "C", not the "S".
pilot
Bzzzzzt.

That's been the ditty since well before any of the mishaps occurred.

Most of it was in place, that's true. But then they really started stressing things, like the position of the twist grip.

For cut guns they made another huge long dity that was just about impossible to get out in the 3-5 seconds it took for you to settle to the ground. That dity came mostly from the mishaps involving rollovers that happened after cutguns at the end of power recovery autos.

MasterBates

How do you roll one over on a cutgun!

Pinnacles, I can see. sim stuck pedals, maybe. CUTGUNS! WTF!!!

Must.. Squeeze.... Liiimmmees.....

theBRAD006

I picked HSC for the "C", not the "S".
pilot
How do you roll one over on a cutgun!

Pinnacles, I can see. sim stuck pedals, maybe. CUTGUNS! WTF!!!

Must.. Squeeze.... Liiimmmees.....

There were a couple of incidents when the instructor gave the cut gun at 15 feet (instead of 5) and the stud hard landed it. Another couple of taxi cut guns were initiated at way more than taxi speed. The studs didn't have good yaw control and due to the excessive ground speed, rolled.