• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Texan or T-34?

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
I recently finished TBS and am currently enrolled in IFS. I was able to get all of the API and Primary pubs (for the T-34) a while back and have been studying as much as possible. My questions is this-lately I have been hearing rumors that by time I start primary I will likely be flying the Texan, and wanted to find out if there is any truth to this. If so, I am going to switch to studying the NAVMAC for the Texan before I waste any more time studying T-34 knowledge.

Thanks in advance

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
The only way you'll fly the T-6 in primary is if you go to Vance. Otherwise it'll be the T-34, cause the Navy hasn't switched yet. You probably won't be able to find out where you're going for primary til you get to API.

And honestly, are you really studying this far out? Kind of a waste to study primary before API, cause there's a lot you'll have to learn for API just to dump.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
only thing I will add to gregsivers is that if you are an NFO you will also fly the T-6 for the contact stage of your primary.

seriously though they have been telling us for a while that the T-6 was just around the corner and would be here soon...now they are forcasting that the FIRST T-6s won't hit Whiting or CC till about 2008/2009 at the earliest...

olympianchc

Fox Co....TBS
Well that's good news then.. and to address your questions I have been and still am studying API knowledge as well. I'm working my way through the Aero and Weather pubs, and simultaneously studying the systems workbook for the T-34, as well as the EPs from the NAVMAC that are related to the systems I have a descent understanding of.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
olympianchc said:
Well that's good news then.. and to address your questions I have been and still am studying API knowledge as well. I'm working my way through the Aero and Weather pubs, and simultaneously studying the systems workbook for the T-34, as well as the EPs from the NAVMAC that are related to the systems I have a descent understanding of.

Studying all the T-34 stuff in advance isn't the best plan... you might just show up in time for the next natops change.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
You'd be surprised how many post Fox Company guys are reading up in advance... I was. Then again, there isn't much to do on non-training company Camp Barrett.

Chubby

scotty008 said:
You'd be surprised how many post Fox Company guys are reading up in advance... I was. Then again, there isn't much to do on non-training company Camp Barrett.
I'm sure if left to your own devices yall can come up with something a little more interesting than studying the tormentor natops. Unless of course you are having trouble sleeping, then I'd be all about that thing.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
zippy said:
Studying all the T-34 stuff in advance isn't the best plan... you might just show up in time for the next natops change.

Excellent point. Seems like there's at least one mando NATOPS change per year.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, appearently they just got hit with a checklist change here a few weeks ago, on top of the natops and pcl change earlier this year.

Firebert

Not a good Commando name
pilot
mrtorso11 said:
super moto....

No dude, thats you.....

By the way, change your profile :)

...and adding on, dont study until you have to. If you are going over API stuff, be warned it is all gonna be absolutely worthless as soon as you are done with it. Might wanna keep that FRR book in order to define aerobatics during your PA's though.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
Yeah, appearently they just got hit with a checklist change here a few weeks ago, on top of the natops and pcl change earlier this year.

The checklist changes were very minor...not hard to catch when you go through and they made sure to tell you the first couple flights...

Shadow9660

jamnww said:
only thing I will add to gregsivers is that if you are an NFO you will also fly the T-6 for the contact stage of your primary.

Also if Marine NFO's are interested, you fly the T-6 for Primary AND your Instrument phase (intermediate)....