• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tests (I have a question)

White_Male

I have read in a couple places now that you must take the SAT, ACT, or ASVAB.

If you take the ASTB do you still need to take one of those three exams? I have not taken either the SAT or the ACT.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I will be applying for a Marine flight contract. I havn't taken the SAT the ACT or the ASVAB. I know I will need to take the ASTB in order to apply for a flight contract. My question is, will I need to take the ASVAB, SAT, or ACT in addition to the ASTB. I already have a Bachelor degree so I will be applying to go through OCS.

Thanks and Happy New Year

purduenavy

BDCP SNA
Depends what you are applying for.

If you are enlisting you need to take the ASTB
If you are applying to the Academy or NROTC you have to take the SAT or ACT
If you are applying for BDCP or OCS you need to take the ASTB

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Depends what you are applying for.

If you are enlisting you need to take the ASTB
If you are applying to the Academy or NROTC you have to take the SAT or ACT
If you are applying for BDCP or OCS you need to take the ASTB

Bad gouge (or typo). If you are enlisting, you need to take the ASVAB, not the ASTB.

Brett

White_Male

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I will be applying for a Marine flight contract. I havn't taken the SAT the ACT or the ASVAB. I know I will need to take the ASTB in order to apply for a flight contract. My question is, will I need to take the ASVAB, SAT, or ACT in addition to the ASTB. I already have a Bachelor degree so I will be applying to go through OCS.

Thanks and Happy New Year

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I'd recommend taking your SATs, ACT is optional. Applying to most colleges will require or at least request SAT scores. The ASTB will be a must, I'm not sure if you have to take the ASVAB or not if you're going Air, I know the Ground contracts have to.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd recommend taking your SATs, ACT is optional. Applying to most colleges will require or at least request SAT scores. The ASTB will be a must, I'm not sure if you have to take the ASVAB or not if you're going Air, I know the Ground contracts have to.

Reading comprehension. He already has his degree. I don't know if the OP needs to take SAT/ACT for OCS, but I suspect not. Just ask your OSO when you coordinate for your ASTB.

Brett

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
For a Marine flight package, you'd need to take the ASVAB or waive out of it with 1000 or higher on the SAT.

This is coming from the OSO I'm on PTAD for, but yes, your OSO is your most reliable source of information.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
For a Marine flight package, you'd need to take the ASVAB or waive out of it with 1000 or higher on the SAT.

White_Male, I think your best bet is to talk to an OSO asap. They should have the best knowledge of what you need to do for your given situation.