• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

test

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-man

I hear that the Navy has doubled the score you need on the flight test to get a slot in school. from a 3 to a 6.... Did we do that too? I know the Navy seems to not have the need for pilots that the Marines do now- so I wonder........
LCpl O-man USMCR

Tessone

I'm not sure about doubling the score (I thought you always needed 6's for SNA?), but I'm pretty sure the Corps requires the exact same numbers on the ASTB as the Navy. That was the sense I got from my OSO, but then, it's been over a year since I've seen my scores, so I was a little confused anyway.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Hudson

The navy raised their scores true but from what my OSO told me the Marines have not raised their requirements. I am not sure what they require either. I had competative scores with the navy before they changed things. Needless to say they turned me down. However, the Marine OSO called me the next day and said that he had heard what had happened and said that I had the scores for the Marines. Now if I can just get my Pull ups going. I no, I no, I need to PT that A$$. I'm working on it. The Army designed me to push and this pulling is a bit odd.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
when did you guys hear that the ASTB minumums for the navy have changed? Are you sure about that? I have 5's across the board and my packet is being sent out on wed. Just let me know please, thanks.

Hudson

E6286,
Technicaly they havn't changed I guess. My Navy Recruter told me that they are now "Looking" for 6's accross the board and they would like to see an OAR of at least 50. They get to be picky because so many people have applied as of late. Oh if I had only submitted a week or two earlier!

I would call your recruter and ask him. You can also take the test again if you are to low. But who am I? just a thought.

O-man

A buddy of mine took the test a few years ago and didt go, now he wants to go again, and was seeing if his tests were still current. Thats what they told him. I dont remeber what I got- but I guess it was good enough for the Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.