• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Test piloting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Well, we can hope that it will still be there when it's time for THE decision. But, my luck, we'll be full of aviators and they won't need to bribe people to stay.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
And the airlines won't be hiring... still (don't shoot me) I am having a lot of fun with what I am doing, and proud of it, better than shuttling ppl from point a to point b.

Rainman

pilot
I put the proper syntax in above. Thanks John for the scoop.

You guys are too quick on the weekends! Don't you have an airshow to go to. . . .Blues looked good today!

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I went this morning. Yeah, they were awesome! Pretty blue skies just for them too! I saw Pat1 and Roz there. Where were you at Mountain? Mixed in with the other kagillion people there I suppose. (My wife and I parked ourselves in front of the C-5.)

Rainman

pilot
I was hanging in the bleachers; had a sweet spot. . tried really hard from commenting on things (from the peanut gallery) like. . .

a) The Navy has WAY more aircraft than the Air Force, just less types.
b) The Marines will be getting the superhornet in about 5 years.
c) The Navy only uses dual engine airplanes.
d) There's really not much piloting to these things anymore--with that there fly-by-wire

Good Lord!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Originally posted by joshmountain
I put the proper syntax in above. Thanks John for the scoop.

You guys are too quick on the weekends! Don't you have an airshow to go to. . . .Blues looked good today!

No problem, had time to kill while I was crew resting for my flight, nope, no airshow to go to, but I went flying instead for my Saturday evening, a 7.2 for the books. On the way out, rounded the east side of Oahu, it was so crystal clear with the sunset it was just amazing, could see like 100 miles away at 13k, and see the observatories on top of Haleakala on Maui. When we came back, all the lights of Waikiki and around the islands were lit up. Still saying to myself, gee, I GET PAID TO DO THIS?!?!?! Good stuff.

Thought definitely would not have minded seeing the Blues, hopefully they will come back to HI again... saw them many years ago here, and they buzz Waikiki when they get to town, of course the city goes crazy with Blues fever!

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
John,
The observatories are on top of Mauna Kea on the island of Hawai'i (the big island). I lived on the Big Island for seven years. Nothing like snow boarding on Mauna kea in the winter time. Only drawback is there are no lifts and the rocks really tear you up when you eat it.

A Hui Hou,
Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.