• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TERROR IN THE SKIES: Man tries to blow up NWA/Delta plane arriving Detroit

East

东部
Contributor
I don't understand how he got the shit on-board.
I used to fly professionally out of AMS and face security measures to the highest extent (even as Aircrew).
The equivalent in Holland for Thousands-standing-around (TSA) are very thourough and a pain in the butt for all frequent fliers (pax & crew).
It's gonna be hard in the future as security window-dressing will be tighter due to this incident

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
He injured someone with fire crackers before he tried to light off his primary device? Perhaps it's just sketchy news at this point, but what a pro.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I flew HNL-LAX today. We were informed of this iinflight. He set off a string of firecrackers inside a pillow case. We were told it was not deemed by TSA to be a terrorist incident and there was no increase in any security level or precautions.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I flew HNL-LAX today. We were informed of this iinflight. He set off a string of firecrackers inside a pillow case. We were told it was not deemed by TSA to be a terrorist incident and there was no increase in any security level or precautions.

So, typical dumbass or one of their dumbasses?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I just turned on the news and they are going crazy over this incident. i guess there was more to it than we were told. But it happened while I was airborne and we were told both by ATC and company dispatch then that TSA said it was a firecracker in a pillow incident, not a terrorist act and there was not threat to any other plane. Other airlines were told the same thing (we all discussed it over 123.45). Now???? Who knows????

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Sounds like no-one knows a damn thing that will be released to the media...yet...so speculate on!

I'm going with a retarded Richard Reid who will be dubbed the "Pillow Bomber" and we will now be forced to use only $20 neck pillows without pillowcases...let the rectal exams ensue....

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Sounds like no-one knows a damn thing that will be released to the media...yet...so speculate on!

I'm going with a retarded Richard Reid who will be dubbed the "Pillow Bomber" and we will now be forced to use only $20 neck pillows without pillowcases...let the rectal exams ensue....

And yet, in prison, he'll be a "pillow-biter"...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently, the other passengers laid the smack down once he began the shenanigans.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
This type of thing pisses me off. Its like with the shoe bomber. If there had never been a shoe bomber we wouldn't ever have had to start taking our shoes off.

I hate people like this. They not only scare people on the aircraft and cause a media ruckus, they make life harder on the air traveller afterwards. Stupid.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
This type of thing pisses me off. Its like with the shoe bomber. If there had never been a shoe bomber we wouldn't ever have had to start taking our shoes off.

I hate people like this. They not only scare people on the aircraft and cause a media ruckus, they make life harder on the air traveller afterwards. Stupid.

That is the entire point of terrorism. Scare people into changing their actions. It works.