• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tell us a Story A4's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunedan

Picture Clean!
None
Not only are HUDs for the weak, try taking a trap from the inside of a tube....now THAT'S balls...

:) Couldn't resist

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Dunedan said:
Not only are HUDs for the weak, try taking a trap from the inside of a tube....now THAT'S balls...

:) Couldn't resist
Play-by-play for those who are Hawkeye-impaired: From any of three "windows" in the back - water, water, water, water, water, water, STEEL, SLAM! Ok, time to go eat.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
Ra5c_rvh7_wire_sm.jpeg

The A-5 on the ramp at NAS North Island is from that same squadron, it was just re-painted about a month ago, same scheme it originally had.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Cyclic said:
Ra5c_rvh7_wire_sm.jpeg

The A-5 on the ramp at NAS North Island is from that same squadron, it was just re-painted about a month ago, same scheme it originally had.

REALLY ??? Heavy-7 ??? Is it a static display or on a stick?? RVAH-7: Good guys, good sticks .... Naval Air is a lesser place without them ....

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
Yes, it's going to the Midway, I see it every day on my way to work, you should see the A-4M they completed before the Vig, absolutely beautiful. I'm on con leave right now but as soon as I go back to work I'll stop by and take pics of both if they're still there for you to see them...they do some of the best original paint jobs I've seen.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A4sForever said:
Oh yeah .... airplanes and the Navy. How about that for a thread???

Another thing the Vigi could do that would get your attention:

When the Shah was aboard for a "firepower demonstration" the Vig came by @ flight deck level after the ordnance was dropped and dumped fuel and lit burner. Witnesses have it that the Shah jumped about 50 feet into the air as the 500' flame trail brushed his eyebrows. Quite a show ... and for a Shah.

[/b]

F-111's can do the same thing, I think the Aussie's did it for a flyover of the Olympics.

http://www.sky-flash.com/jpeg/f111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.