• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tell me about Marine ASO

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Hey, let some of us who went there remember the good old old days and far better golf courses than NPA has!

Second best school I ever had - and Bayonet/Black Horse with the 1330ish quitting time couldn't be beat.

dexter

pilot
He might get an opportunity to work at MAG DOSS. Very few people get that gig, but if he lets his XO know that he really wants it, he just might get it.
How has nobody bitten on this....The rest of the guys in MAG 13 will be stoked if he takes that coveted MAG DOSS slot.

MasterBates

The problem with ASO is that short of handling a mishap well, there are only so many ways to shine. Most of which will piss JOPA off.

That being said, most squadrons don't ever do decent mishap training, and a majority would be foooked without an ASO or former ASO around to help.

SDO actually knowing how to handle a mishap without help is more of the SWOs issue, but he needs to work with the ASO to make sure the binder isn't junk.

Also check here for casualty gouge posted by Bevo. It was worth its weight in gold when we had a suicide in the command.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
I'll be the first to admit that I was often times the guy who would roll his eyes every time safety would say X about Y and preach the same 'ol thing over and over. I've just finished my second week here and, after a conversation with my dad tonight, alot of this stuff has really hit home. Today I held the component that caused the horrible fire on the FORRESTAL. It still had the scorch marks. I know the Navy doesn't do alot of shit right, but aviation safety isn't one of those things. I think we really do it right. We have this program to make sure shit like that never happens again. We actually have a dedicated group of professionals who do nothing more than find ways to learn from our mistakes. I think that's pretty fucking cool.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
But it's a great "opportunity to excel"!

Is it an "opportunity to excel"! or is it an opportunity to "Excel"!
EXCEL.JPG