• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Teething After the End of DADT

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well at least in this case it can still be called the 'Wives Club' if she joins. ;)

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Good, funny comments. But I think I may have lived too long for this.

And I thought the '60s were the times of great conflict, change and upheaval. I guess I was wrong. I'll leave it to you all to figure it out.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
The fact that they feel the need to push this shows how fked the military's mentality is. It is only an issue because they are making it one. ie Look at us, we are soo forward leaning that we are openly forcing everyone to be open and acceptable.... Pretty sure most knives clubs could care less since their significant others are all going through the same hazards, challenges, etc.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The fact that they feel the need to push this shows how fked the military's mentality is. It is only an issue because they are making it one. ie Look at us, we are soo forward leaning that we are openly forcing everyone to be open and acceptable.... Pretty sure most knives clubs could care less since their significant others are all going through the same hazards, challenges, etc.

Who is "they"?

Are you really suggesting that the Marine Corps is making this an issue?:confused: It seems clear the statement was precipitated as a result of some open discrimination...should we ignore that?

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I am suggesting that as a whole the DoD makes this stuff into issues. Pretty sure that discriminating against any person because of "race, color, creed, sex, age, disability, or national origin" has and still does prohibit your use of those facilities. The easy solution would be for that unit/base/whatever to tell it's spouses club that they are no longer allowed to utilize base facilities if that is in fact their stance. Instead we have an open public statement about something that everyone should already know, just so that someone can say "see, we made this public statement, we aren't doing anything wrong, look at how open and accepting we are." This is the same mentality that brings about knee jerk curfew/driving/drinking restrictions en masse following a DUI/public incident. Someone always feels the need to CYA by doing something just to say they did something.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look at it from a policy POV. How can a military base sanction an organization who discriminates against a group of people who were so recently brought into the fold. Not a great optic. This is a no-brainer.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

You woefully underestimate the level of [I can't come up with a word that I won't regret using publicly] present in many Spouses' Clubs, my friend. One would think (and hope) that they would be welcoming to all comers, given the shared experience and opportunity for more people to support and be supported by. One would think that, but one would be wrong.