• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Teenage Ally Helps Soldiers in Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone else find this a bit irresponsible on the journalists? Maybe there is more to the story, I don't know, but posting an Iraqi informant's picture up on international news seems like a bad idea.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,128860,00.html

Teenage Ally Helps Soldiers in Iraq

Friday, August 13, 2004

FORT CARSON, Colo. — In the Iraqi border town of Al Qaim, U.S. forces were getting pounded by insurgents up to 10 times each day.

Tankers from the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment (search) knew that intelligence was key to battling the enemy. Capt. Chad Roehrman was at a checkpoint when he thought another dodgy informant walked up.

"One of my guys came to me and said, 'Hey, sir, we got another boy who says he has information,'" he said.

What the boy had was information on a well-connected cell of 40 fighters whose leader was a former officer in Saddam Hussein's (search) army. He was also the boy's father.

The Americans hid the boy in an armored Humvee and checked out his report of a weapons stockpile in his backyard.

They found explosives, rocket propelled grenades and a complete weapons system they hadn't seen before. The father and another man were arrested.

After the bust the boy couldn't go home so he moved in with the soldiers. They gave him the nickname "Steve-O" and a bunk right next to theirs. He later gave them more intelligence that led to other arrests.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
That is pretty irresponsible. It seems that 'tis the season to expose one's sources - between the Valerie Plame thing and the Iraqi double agent that just got outed (was he Iraqi? I think he was), "undercover" isn't really as under cover as it used to be.

Clux4

Banned
What do you expect of a war where civilian reporters gain access to every information they want. I call it the Holywood war. Why do you think Micheal Moore has the boldness to talk? All the protocols of bygone era are now in the dumpster.
Those that cannot dare to put their names on the dotted line get the right to run their suck while listening to Michael Moore.

I wonder what will become of the boy after the war is over, since he back stabbed his Dad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.