• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Technical majors

SetSail

As far as Technical Majors are concerned for the NROTC program - what is the most difficult major and the least difficult major in Tier 2? :confused:

Yankee Uniform Tango
Picking a major that you're interested in should be your only motivation.

navy09

None
...what is the least difficult major in Tier 2? :confused:

Let's get to your real question. If you're into aiming low, a technical major (and really, college/ROTC) may not be for you. Go for something you'll enjoy. If it happens to be liberal arts or social sciences, then do that.

Unless you're a genius, you're going to screw yourself over by just picking a random technical major.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
At my school I think the consensus was that the "easy" tech majors were things like Construction Engineering management, Civil Engr, Environmental Engr, and "hard" being more along the lines of EE, ECE or maybe Engr Physics. I always felt that Mechanical and Nuke were somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. This could be totally different elsewhere but I figured that I would bite.....maybe we can have a cool "my engineering degree was harder than yours" debate now :p

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I don't believe Biology is considered technical. When I interviewed in DC, my technical classes listed on the paper the ADM saw were Physics 1/2, Calc 1/2, Chem 1/2, Comp Sci (random elective from freshman yr) and Biochem.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
T1- Engineering
T2- Technical majors that don't fall under T1 (i.e. Math, Biology, Physics, etc)
T3- Non-technical

I think MIDNJAC thought he was asking about T1.

Ahhh....my bad. Reading comprehension strikes again :)

navy09

None
I don't believe Biology is considered technical. When I interviewed in DC, my technical classes listed on the paper the ADM saw were Physics 1/2, Calc 1/2, Chem 1/2, Comp Sci (random elective from freshman yr) and Biochem.

You're going to confuse everyone ;) We're talking NROTC Technical Majors. NROTC does consider Biology a technical major.

Here is the link to the official site where they list all the majors (it links an Excel file in the 5th bullet point).

Interestingly, only some engineering majors are T1. Civil is T2.