• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Teacher Workouts For OCS & Info On Supply and EOD

Cougars15

Hello everyone. I was on the Marine Corps OCS page but after not being selected or preselected and looking at myself, I have decided to apply to Navy OCS in the Fall.

I was wondering if anyone had any good workouts for Navy OCS applicants. I am currently a high school teacher and my schedule is a bit tight. I can workout in the morning for an hour from 0500-0600 but I have an hour commute and I need to have hygiene time before I report to my school daily at 0825. My weekends are free but my nights are being filled twice a week by grad school as I am in my last year.

If anyone has any tips, I would sincerely appreciate it. Also, I am looking at Supply Corps and EOD. If anyone has any information about these fields or physical training for them I would appreciate it. While I did attend the Naval Academy for a bit but I did not graduate but I still want to become an Officer and I am not giving up on that dream no matter how long it takes. But I would like to become as informed as I can be before I contract into a specific field.

Thanks so much. I hope to hear from you all soon. Any information would be gratefully and graciously appreciated.

egiv

Supply Corps and EOD? That's kind of like saying you're thinking about buying a Prius or a Lamborghini... two incredibly different jobs in every aspect. I don't mean to sound rude or snippy, but EOD is nearly impossible to get picked up for OCS for as a non-prior; not that that's ever a good reason not to try, just managing expectations (I'll leave it to the recruiters to say if there is a chance at all).

In terms of workouts, it depends what you want. Do you just want to crush OCS PT or do you want to be in all-around good shape? Your recruiter should have given you a workout booklet (if not, ask for one) which is actually pretty good for getting in shape for OCS - it's not rocket science, you just do a crapload of pushups, situps and running in all variations and styles. If you are serious about being an EOD Officer see your nearest crossfit gym, cut your teaching hours in half and start working out twice a day, every day.

exNavyOffRec

Supply Corps and EOD? That's kind of like saying you're thinking about buying a Prius or a Lamborghini... two incredibly different jobs in every aspect. I don't mean to sound rude or snippy, but EOD is nearly impossible to get picked up for OCS for as a non-prior; not that that's ever a good reason not to try, just managing expectations (I'll leave it to the recruiters to say if there is a chance at all).

In terms of workouts, it depends what you want. Do you just want to crush OCS PT or do you want to be in all-around good shape? Your recruiter should have given you a workout booklet (if not, ask for one) which is actually pretty good for getting in shape for OCS - it's not rocket science, you just do a crapload of pushups, situps and running in all variations and styles. If you are serious about being an EOD Officer see your nearest crossfit gym, cut your teaching hours in half and start working out twice a day, every day.

I believe EOD is still only available to those currently on AD serving as enlisted EOD or SEAL

Edit: to the OP GPA's would be good and you will have to explain why you dropped or why you were dropped from USNA, that could be a big hurdle or little one.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What's your major and GPA? Supply is looking for either STEM or business related majors with a GPA above a 3.33 to be considered competitive.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm getting my MAE in Math and my GPA is a 3.5. Would that be competitive for Supply?

I would say that's a competitive major and GPA for supply. If possible, get an interview with an O-5+ Supply Officer to help out with your chances. This is a very competitive program/board.