• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

When do you go to TBS, right after you graduate college? Where do you live? Do you need a car? My deal is I'm trying to get a new car for college and I'm wondering if getting a 48 month lease would work out. I plan on going to TBS without a car and then after TBS I could afford one. Any ideas? Thanks!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by farkle84
e5b knows all

Hardly, it just so happens I'm at TBS right now.

If you are a PLCer, then plan on waiting to go to TBS, up to a year, but thats an extreme case, usually 4-6 months after graduating college. If you are single then you live in the BOQ, if you are married then you can either live on base or off base. I'm not sure if having a vehicle is required or not, but it'll definitely come in handy. There are some banks that offer good starter loans. Do a search on this site to find more info about it.

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Yes, get a car. You will go insane if you don't have a way of getting the hell out of the place once in a while. Even if you have no where to go. Plus, theres weekends and every other day during the week when you need dinner because you've gotten secured after the chow hall has closed.
HAve fun!

By the way, i waited 7 months for TBS...

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Delivered pizza for Papa John's and medical equipment for a medical equipment supply company. What a drag. " So when do you graduate from college? Well, I've already graduated. Why are you delivering pizza? I'm a Lt. in the USMC awaiting training." How embarrassing.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
LOL. That stinks that you had to give a response like that. Why do the PLCers get the shaft on the wait? 7 months is a long time. Any reasons? Thanks.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
No, what was really bad was that my OSO told me I would be in like Fox or something and the day before I was to move (everything packed!) he called and said my orders weren't coming so it might be the next company (after he'd already told me had orders in hand). If he would have waited one more day, I would've been in Virginia standing at the gate wondering why in the hell I wanted to be an Officer so bad. That was almost enough for me to set the wheels into motion and drop the commission. Sometimes I wonder where they get these OSO's from, I had 3 during the entire process and 2 were rocks. Man did they set a bad example.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by EA-6B1
Why do the PLCers get the shaft on the wait? 7 months is a long time. Any reasons?
Because PLCers aren't getting paid until they receive their first orders to active duty / TBS. Since HQMC is paying the Academy Lts and OCCers they have priority for TBS.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
All I needed to know. Thanks Rainman.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I waited 7 months also, but I was lucky enough to work here at Manpower and Reserve Affairs for 3 months.

Boomer, I hear ya about the whole OSO thing. The same thing happend to me and my wife. I was orginally set for D co '02 we both quit our jobs and moved out of our ranch-house, oh yeah she was about to Domino, then finally after the smoke cleared I had a date for April '03, so that would have been an 11 month wait. Ended up going in Nov.

PLC Candidates/Lt's----hang in there and be flexible!!!!

LAND MINES are equal opportunity weapons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.