• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS to API.. questions

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
I am heading down to Florida at the end of next month from TBS. If someone could help me out with the following I'd appreciate it....

1) Is there time after your report date to find a place to live? Everyone from TBS is PCSing down there but no one knows if we are staying, doing TAD, getting farmed out to a MEF, or anything else.

2) Is there a max body weight limit for starting API? I'm within USMC standards at 6'4 215 but am wondering if I need to start losing muscle.

3) What do they do for Marines who do not have their CWS-1 yet? Hopefully I'll get it in the next couple weeks here but I am struggling on the second rescue.

Thank you.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
As far as housing, I would start doing some research, but you should have time to find a place when you get down here. You will have a day or two of travel and several days of proceed, as well as any leave you choose to take in conjunction with your move.

If you are within anthro height/weight measurements, that is really all that matters as far as API/Flying. Obviously the Marine Corps will expect you to be within standards. There are weight limitations for certain ejection seat aircraft, off the top of my head, I think Prowler ejection seats are rated to ~205 lbs, so anything over and you have to acknowledge the risks associated with ejecting. Anthro can tell you more.

If you don't get CWS-1 by the time you graduate, you will sit in Mike Company until you do. We had a guy in my API class who got his CWS-1 either right before or right after graduating TBS, and he made it through the swimming, so don't stress out about future swim events at API.

FENIAN

Can I go home yet?
pilot
As odd as it may sound, my TBS class had about 17 guys that didn't have CWS-1, and they all got orders out of TBS. I was almost certain they would keep everyone until they qualified, but they all were sent off to wherever (P'Cola, Mainside, MEF's) as CWS-2. Just keep in mind that you may not sit in a plane for a good amount of time. There are still Golf 2009 grads that are starting to get orders to P'cola from stash jobs to start IFS. Some guys get promoted to 1stLt while waiting to get orders to P'cola...like me.