• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt_SNA_USMC

Gentleman:
I was commissioned 03 Aug 2002 and was given tentative orders for TBS 10 April 2002 (an 8 month wait I know). I received a call from my OSO 06 November and (last week) and was told to pack my trash--I got orders for 26 November this month! Just thought I would enlighten those who are thinking that they might have to wait months and months after being commissioned to go active duty--you won't have to wait long this years it seems. (This of course applies to PLCs--OCCs remain on active duty after OCS). To those who are TBS bound this month, I'll see you in Q-town! Ooh Rah.
Lt Williamson

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Same thing here. Apr-Nov 26. June 13 Grad date, P'cola here we come!!!

"You forgot your fortune cookie"

Dirty Harry

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
How long are OCC grads with air contracts waiting to go to TBS nowadays? How about the wait between TBS and API?

Lt_SNA_USMC

You don't really wait for TBS if you are an OCC. You remain on active duty in Quantico until your training Co. picks up. TBS-API, I've heard true stories of 5 days and stories of 9 months. You never know.
Semper Gumby.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Joshmountain told me, the wait is anywhere from 2-3 months on average, but like Lt_SNA_USMC said, it could be 5 days.

Dirty Harry

Rainman

pilot
hey! Secure your sources
icon_smile_wink.gif

Yeah, it was five days for me (to check in @ MATSG -- API one week later), but that type of arrangment was volunteer only.

Like it's been posted. . .you'll have a couple months to take leave, do IFS (if no flight time) and get your Phase I AWS complete.

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
Watch out though, they did that to me and then the day before i was supposed to leave, they told me, oops, we made a mistake, go back to waiting... Ended up waiting 7 months.

Man, I remember back when I was actually excited about TBS...

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Pat1USMC
Man, I remember back when I was actually excited about TBS...

Too funny!

Dirty Harry

Pat1USMC

Enroute to VMAQ-1
I was told I had orders. Never actually saw them. If you have orders, then I would think that you're pretty much going on the 26th. And no, I was in Alpha Co last year. You'll be in the new Alpha Co i guess. I'm in the middle of primary right now... Good luck.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, my ordes say the 26th.
Can't wait.

FUN, FUN, FUN, in the sun........only just the opposite

Dirty Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.