• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS move and break

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAmookie

Is it correct that the USMC wont pay to move me to TBS (PCS move or whatever) because its not a permanent duty station?

Also, when exactly and how long is the winter break for the classes that go through dec-jan? thanks

Mayday

I thought that was the recline!
I can answer the first, like Jeopardy, with a question; which is, where the hell did you hear that??

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Corpsviation- you have heard incorrectly. Every individual rates one "home of record move" when they come onto active duty. This means the Marine Corps will pay to move your stuff from your home of record to your duty station when you come onto active duty; however, you don't HAVE to use it when you first come onto active duty. That home of record move will stay with you until you use it throughout your career. In other words, if you live in... lets say, New York, and you PCS to Quantico for TBS, you can do a TMO move, or you can do it all yourself (and not claim it). The Corps will still owe you that move, so that when you are stationed at Camp Pendlton you can still have TMO move stuff from NY directly to California. Once again, you have until you get out of the Marine Corps to use your "Home of Record move". Call Quantico TMO (Traffic Management Office) to talk over your options.

KBayDog

Our Dec-Jan break was approximately one week prior to Christmas until the first week of January (I think it was the 17th-3rd, or something like that). It was a good 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.