• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS info?

red92gt

NFO? no. SNA? not yet. FNG? yep.
Surprise, it's me again
just trying to cover all the bases, what exactly is TBS? I belive part of it is Basic School, but that still leaves the mystery T. Any information on TBS would be greatly appreciated, so far all I know is that it's 6 months long, and between OCS and flight school.

batman527

Banned
haha, you've got what TBS is for a lot guys I think, "between OCS and flight school". It's pretty hardcore stuff though. I believe the purpose of the basic school is to continue to build on the leadership foundation laid down at OCS. Check with someone who's been there to know for sure. I just looooooove posting on topics I don't know too much about. And zippy is right, T(he) B(asic) S(chool).

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
"Yes", to all of the above. It pretty much develops you as a small unit leader, officially qualifying the LT to lead a provisional rifle platoon. You get basic tactics, basic weapons qual, and a general understanding of what the Marine Corps is. Overall, a long six months during which you pick up some serious knowledge about being an officer in the Corps. Its not a true 'haze-ex', like OCS, but still filled with the bull**** you might expect from such a place. Overall, a very educational period during which you long for flying, warmth (in winter, at least), and women that have all of their teeth. Stafford is what it is...(sigh). Only 5 weeks to go until the pool. Use the search function for more involved info.

Raptor2216

Scotty,

I have yet to see one girl here that is missing her teeth. Call me crazy but in general, these girls are alright. I have definately seen a lot worse. Maybe you know something I don't know? If so, do share.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
P_ubhi18 said:
Scotty,

I have yet to see one girl here that is missing her teeth. Call me crazy but in general, these girls are alright. I have definately seen a lot worse. Maybe you know something I don't know? If so, do share.

Just kidding- the girls in the greater DC area are awesome. Stafford, exciting as it may be, seems to be a little lacking in the female department. Maybe I mistake the lack of any identifiable social scene for lack of females, or maybe my standards have become rediculously high. I blame San Diego. Overall, this area is pretty good to go- you just have to be willing to make the weekend pilgrimage to Georgetown, etc.

SMILE4BULLETS

i know this is off the subject of TBS, but it is dead on the subject of girls...you boys ever been down here to OLE MISS (University of Mississippi)? The girls down here are ridiculously beautiful. Something in the water I suppose. When we suck at football, our motto is, "We redshirt Miss Americas." Anyways, ever get down here youll know what I'm talking about. At least the Meridian SNA's should.