• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS collateral billets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrunbel

pilot
I've just classed up with Alpha co. and received a collateral billet of family readiness rep (primary). I was just wondering if anybody out there who has gone through TBS knows what this billet involves or is all about? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm pretty sure it's at the platoon level, but it could be at the company level.

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Family Readiness

Pretty much what that billet entails is getting in touch with all the spouse's of your fellow 2ndLt's in your company. Then keep them informed about all the events that your company will be involved in. (i.e. Mess Mights, Balls, get togethers, going to the field dates. It's kind of like the Fleet Marine Force where you have the Key Volunteer Network, but a little different. In fact, if you have a 2ndLt's spouse that has been in Key Volunteers, they would be a good point of contact on how to best tackle the billet. I hope that helps.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Yep. You will also have a large part in planning the social engagement your company is involved in. As far as collateral duties go, it's a pretty big one. Better than land nav or swim rep though, that's for sure.

SpeedyJ

SNA, Meridian
Taxman2A said:
Yep. You will also have a large part in planning the social engagement your company is involved in. As far as collateral duties go, it's a pretty big one. Better than land nav or swim rep though, that's for sure.

I had this collateral duty and it didn't entail a whole lot of work. Of course our company XO's wife kind of took charge and we just passed the word on getting invitations out to the spouses for special occasions (i.e. spouse get togethers, warrior day, etc.) Not a bad duty, beats the hell out of some of the other choices.

KBayDog

Platoon Testing Rep is pretty skate - basically, all you do is handle official gripes regarding the academic tests. For example, if none of the answers on the test are correct, the student sends up an official notification, and the test is reviewed for accuracy. (Of course, each and every test is "perfect," so the instructors leave no room for griping!)

In other words, you don't really do much of anything.

winger

FNG
Platoon Aviation Rep is a pretty good deal. I was my plt rep in delta 04 and it wasn't a whole lot of work, plus you get 7599 info first to pass to the guys in your platoon.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Mail rep is a good one... just walk to the company office, get mail, hand it out... Really most of the reps are pretty skate jobs. There are just a few landmines out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.