• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taxes?

XeroCool

Is anyone here tax savy enough to know if you can use a form 2106 to get money back from the endless miles one has to drive between the recruiting station and their home?
Thanks,
X

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is anyone here tax savy enough to know if you can use a form 2106 to get money back from the endless miles one has to drive between the recruiting station and their home?
Thanks,
X

Unless you itemize your deductions (in lieu of taking the standard deduction), you can't use anything like that even if it were a legit deduction.

Brett

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For example, the standard deduction for 2006 for a single filer is: $5,150. If you can't beat that with itemized deductions, take the standard one.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless you itemize your deductions (in lieu of taking the standard deduction), you can't use anything like that even if it were a legit deduction.

Brett
I itemized AND took the standard deduction. Don't tell anyone though, because man I am gonna get one hell of a refund this year.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Steve, I did the SAME thing, except the second return was filed under the name of Steve Wilkins...man I cannot wait to get that check!
I bet you tried to wow your IP's with that same kind of humor.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
No...I did not give 2 shites what the AF IPs thought...to tell the truth
Now see....THAT was actually funny

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Sarcasm meter is reading high on that one Steve...So I am not so certain I can believe you...

So, what ever happened to your big winging shindig where they threatened you with "consequences" at your next command for not playing along? :rolleyes: :D

Brett