• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Tattoos

Pags

N/A
pilot
The more I read this the more I think of the old "my new haircut/Jaeger bombs" skit.

I'd think long and hard before getting a sleeve as a potential officer candidate. People who will be judging you will take that in to account. It's fine to have some ink that can't be seen in khakis but a full sleeve will raise some eyebrows and make things harder for you.

Ibfestus

USN F-4 RIO, Fitron 31
My former CO, Eugene Lund, (call sign Geno) shot down a MIG over North Vietnam and was in turn shot down by his own errant AIM-7 Sparrow. He had a terribly acne scarred face but was a great fighter pilot and a great CO. He didn't need tattoos to do that and trust me, any ugly young Ensign, or Ltjg with Wings of Gold is far more attractive than somebody with his body covered with tatts. Tatts are like a billboard that screams, "Look at me! I'm Stupid."

JMHO

Thank you for the insight and for wishing me luck. I generally agree with the main premise of what you're saying but a lot of the studies that have been done, show that individuals who are maxed out with tattoos have an easier time finding intimacy.

I really don't want the idea of finding a female partner to influence my decision in joining the military. Tattoos are just ink on my skin, in the grand scheme, it's nothing truly serious (although I do believe it reflects upon someones character, depending on the individual of course). The military would be a career where men's lives could be at stake (which you know more about than me).

I've been going to the gym since I was 13, I'm 19 now and weigh 225lbs @ 6 ft. I've deadlifted 560lbs and squatted 405lbs for 6 reps. This has garnered me no success with women, if anything I look like a lady now because all I did was basically squat, bench and deadlift for years. Thus, my ass is huge and sticks out very far. I also have pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt and am always sore from dead-lifts so I walk around like a duck (or in other words, a female that has just had a Brazilian but lift). Only benching and neglecting other accessory movements has given me the illusion of having female breasts.

Picture me with the descriptions I've laid out atop. There you have it.

Ah man, you're still such a youngin. I really hope you heed my advice. Don't ink yourself yet. Give yourself time with the skin treatment to see if that helps first. Also, it seems like you have been skipping leg day. Don't do that! It will make your body look disproportional. Cut back on heavy lifting and work on building your leg muscle. Juicy asses aren't reserved just for women. We like nice butts too. And yes, we also check them out.

You also need to consider your age. You are still young, as well as the women around you. You're barely out of being jail bait, and you can't go to bars yet. So you just won't have much appeal to older/more experienced women. And the young ladies in your age range are likely just inexperienced themselves. Despite whatever bullshit Hollywood puts out, a majority of teenage girls aren't going around fucking all the time. Their rejection or lack of initiation has more to do with their vulnerability than the possibility of not liking you. In a few years, your situation will be different.

Tattoos are permanent. You may think they're just ink on your body right now, but you never know how they might affect your future career and long term relationships. It's pointless to do that to your body when your situation can change based on other circumstances. You need to be patient and work on your confidence.

I like tattoos, I have two myself. But I personally don't like a body littered with them. Pack too much into one space and it'll just look like clutter. And quite frankly, so many people have them these days, you will just blend right in with everyone else. You'll get laid because someone wants to bone you, not because of tattoos.

Being a confident man who takes good care of himself with get you laid. Don't be an asshole, but don't be a doormat. It's not as big of a deal as young adults make it out to be. Eventually you'll reach a point when most people don't want to deal with the bullshit of playing cat and mouse: 'You want to fuck me? Cool, the feelings mutual, let's go. You don't want to fuck me? Okay, have a nice day.'

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Thank you for the insight and for wishing me luck. I generally agree with the main premise of what you're saying but a lot of the studies that have been done, show that individuals who are maxed out with tattoos have an easier time finding intimacy.

I really don't want the idea of finding a female partner to influence my decision in joining the military. Tattoos are just ink on my skin, in the grand scheme, it's nothing truly serious (although I do believe it reflects upon someones character, depending on the individual of course). The military would be a career where men's lives could be at stake (which you know more about than me).

I've been going to the gym since I was 13, I'm 19 now and weigh 225lbs @ 6 ft. I've deadlifted 560lbs and squatted 405lbs for 6 reps. This has garnered me no success with women, if anything I look like a lady now because all I did was basically squat, bench and deadlift for years. Thus, my ass is huge and sticks out very far. I also have pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt and am always sore from dead-lifts so I walk around like a duck (or in other words, a female that has just had a Brazilian but lift). Only benching and neglecting other accessory movements has given me the illusion of having female breasts.

Picture me with the descriptions I've laid out atop. There you have it.
It appears you are only doing self-approving research. If you really want to know about tats read this: “Motivations for body piercings and tattoos - The role of sexual abuse and the frequency of body modifications.” The military has studies like this and they will have questions. But, others have said it better...your logic sucks.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor

Show me one academic study and I'll shut up.

D

Deleted user cNaut

Ah man, you're still such a youngin. I really hope you heed my advice. Don't ink yourself yet. Give yourself time with the skin treatment to see if that helps first. Also, it seems like you have been skipping leg day. Don't do that! It will make your body look disproportional. Cut back on heavy lifting and work on building your leg muscle. Juicy asses aren't reserved just for women. We like nice butts too. And yes, we also check them out.

You also need to consider your age. You are still young, as well as the women around you. You're barely out of being jail bait, and you can't go to bars yet. So you just won't have much appeal to older/more experienced women. And the young ladies in your age range are likely just inexperienced themselves. Despite whatever bullshit Hollywood puts out, a majority of teenage girls aren't going around fucking all the time. Their rejection or lack of initiation has more to do with their vulnerability than the possibility of not liking you. In a few years, your situation will be different.

Tattoos are permanent. You may think they're just ink on your body right now, but you never know how they might affect your future career and long term relationships. It's pointless to do that to your body when your situation can change based on other circumstances. You need to be patient and work on your confidence.

Muscle is the main driver of strength, I go through phases of hypertrophy for my lower body as well. If someone is squatting twice their body weight for reps, they certainly have developed leg musculature. The problem is that my lower body is too big (there is an illusion as well because of my APT), giving me the illusion of having a very womanly body and my upper body isn’t nearly as developed because I’m natural.

You bring up many good points otherwise. I think I will take your advice and wait to finish my skin treatments before proceeding.

Thanks.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
Fuck it, I'll bite.

I love tattoos, they're great. Had a half sleeve before OCS and I'm about to go pretty nuts on the other side, too. Nearly all of it is concealable in uniform and it's totally concealable in any office-environment clothing. Is it a requirement? No, but like anything else about you, it is subject to perception. You already know the answer about how tattoos are perceived. Call me hypocritical, but even I (a lowly junior officer) judge people who are tatted as people willing to throw a huge sum of money at vanity, and I have one of the fuckin' things. This isn't conscious, I just do it. Especially if that person isn't rolling in cash.

So believe me, when someone sees you and sees your tattoos, their brain is going to think something.

The only real message I've got is, if you're considering a military career, you need to build some self confidence that isn't related to your tattoos or physical appearance. I promise when you get to the Navy, people will just shit on you for your tattoos anyway (and everything else about you...callsign culture is alive and kickin'). You'll need the resilience to make it through even the beginning phases of this career.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Muscle is the main driver of strength, I go through phases of hypertrophy for my lower body as well. If someone is squatting twice their body weight for reps, they certainly have developed leg musculature. The problem is that my lower body is too big (there is an illusion as well because of my APT), giving me the illusion of having a very womanly body and my upper body isn’t nearly as developed because I’m natural.

You bring up many good points otherwise. I think I will take your advice and wait to finish my skin treatments before proceeding.

Thanks.

If you're half as ripped as you make yourself out to be, no one is mistaking you for a woman. Don't get tats to look more "manly" either. Also... you're probably one of the few people who actually notice or care about what you perceive as imperfections, seriously. I say this as a hairy dude who's been balding since I was 24... somehow found a smokeshow to marry.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The only real message I've got is, if you're considering a military career, you need to build some self confidence that isn't related to your tattoos or physical appearance. I promise when you get to the Navy, people will just shit on you for your tattoos anyway (and everything else about you...callsign culture is alive and kickin'). You'll need the resilience to make it through even the beginning phases of this career.
Ain't that the truth. If you make it to a squadron your going to be made fun of no matter what. Got some stupid tattoos you got when you were 19? Your future squadron mates will have jokes. Got a fancy degree you're proud of? Stand by for some good will hunting jokes. Have a normal face the ladies love? You're a pretty boy. The bubbas are gonna find something about you and pick at it to see if you squirm. If there's nothing obvious then they'll make something up.

While some that's and beach muscles might help you pick up a hottie for a night they're not going to make or break your future romantic life. At some point your muscles will get saggy, you'll get ear and back hair, your treats will be faded and, if you pay your cards right, there will be someone there with you who doesn't care about any of that because all that stuff is fleeting. It's something deeper that keeps people together through things far worse than some acne scars. They are far too many people who have left for way looking one way and come back missing parts of their body, with horrible scars, and in some cases, wounds that cut to the soul. Yet in many cases they are still loved and supported by partners who see beyond tats and appearance.

D

Deleted user cNaut

Show me one academic study and I'll shut up.
I'm honestly having trouble finding something from PubMed or a peer reviewed journal, a quick search on tattoos and attractiveness yields results that reference studies but again, those aren't really credible sources.