• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Target pistol reccommendations?

Flugelman

Contributor
Flugelman- what kind of 1911 were you shooting? That definately would have pissed me off something fierce.
It was Navy built by Charlie Frazier on an issue frame. It had a Bomar extended front sight rib with tuner. 2.5 lb trigger and was a sweet shooter. I had to turn it in when I quit competing... :icon_rage

I have one just like it now that I found at a gun show some years back. Haven't been able to determine who built it but it shoots 1.75" at 50 yds in my Ransom Rest with semi-wad match ammo, so I'll hang onto it for a while.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I like this target pistol:

nm1masktx3.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I know its a 1911... But what is it?
U.S. Army National Match 1911A1 built for the Army team by Springfield Armory when S/A was still a "real" taxpayer-funded US "armory" and not the present day commercial enterprise. It was built for the Nationals @ Camp Perry, OH. U.S. Switch & Signal was the original WW2 sub-contract manufacturer (kinda rare) in this case ...

This particular example was originally used in the 1966 Nationals. It's a tack driver. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
She's a beauty. Did they use a standard guide rod?
If by "standard guide rod" you mean a "standard 1911" recoil spring, recoil spring guide, and recoil spring plug w/ a match barrel and bushing ... then, yes.

No solid one or two piece "guide rods", however. All USGI spec in those days for the Camp Perry Nationals ...