• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TAO, A. Strike O, or A. Air Ops

croakerfish

pilot
Never say never.

When I was a JO, one of our DHs was a 1st tour MP, did ROTC shore tour, then did a pain tour on a boat (I think mini on a Gator). If you look at recent selection rates and the trend line, if someone can cross the threshold to O-4 they are almost a have-to-select for DH at this point. Even in helo land we had bottom feeders with non-production shore tours pick up DH this last board.

Exactly. Pretty soon there won't be enough careers to kill.

tarjas

Alooo-haaa
None
What? I said O-3 1310/1320s the CSG staff, not the entirety of the CVN...? I have no doubt there's plenty of various ranked flight suits in various billets on the boat. You're mixing up CSG, CVN, and CVW jobs dude.

I am not mixing up jobs, trust me. I did, however, lose the context of your comment of "There's one O-3 Aviator billet on CSG staff to speak for aviation issues." Upon rereading it sober it is clear you were referencing LT billet availability to the OP vice the "only 1 aviator speaking for aviation issues on a CSG staff" way I took it.

My bad, back to only posting while drinking again. I still stand by my "all CVN LT jobs sucks except Shooter" comment tho...

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
Honestly, they're all about the same. The only (slight) advantage goes to A-OPS or A-STRIKE (I'd say A-OPS above A-STRIKE for promote-ability... but A-STRIKE has better QOL). Because you're the only one of those on the boat. So, people will know you. This can be a good or bad thing... but, for me... it got me letters of rec from BIRDS and STARS.

You get a lot of facetime with the mucky-mucks in either of those positions. As an A-STRIKE, you'll see the CO every day to get his signature. A-OPS and A-STRIKE also both have the opportunity to go to meetings where Admirals are present...

Last edited:

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
^^^ if that’s your thing - no hate, really!

Tbh it sucked every time the admiral (followed shortly by an entourage) walked into CDC, as managing <thing it was they were interested in> now also involved managing them and their expectations.

Short

None
Mileage may vary, A-Strike and OPs Admin on our boat have zero interaction with Flags.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Honestly, they're all about the same. The only (slight) advantage goes to A-OPS or A-STRIKE (I'd say A-OPS above A-STRIKE for promote-ability... but A-STRIKE has better QOL). Because you're the only one of those on the boat. So, people will know you. This can be a good or bad thing... but, for me... it got me letters of rec from BIRDS and STARS.

You get a lot of facetime with the mucky-mucks in either of those positions. As an A-STRIKE, you'll see the CO every day to get his signature. A-OPS and A-STRIKE also both have the opportunity to go to meetings where Admirals are present...
WHY did you CAPITALIZE BIRDS and STARS? Seems kinda WEIRD.