• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Talk about luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Steve,

Yes the dog is still here. (unless me have an aviation mishap of some kind ) I'm not sure about the maint. thing. I would guess that he still is doing the wrenching. My IP is shootin straight with me. If he wasnt a naval aviator, then he is the best imposter ever. He brought in his the sylabi for the t-34 qnd t-2. Check lists EPS and all. I'm a little saturated right now trying to learn the Cesna and T-34 stuff. We did instrument stuff yesterday, EPS, HAPL's, LAPL's and more stalls. He is also giving me some insight on how instructors think from Primary to Advanced. It is kind of cool that he is not pushing for me to get my PPL. His thoughts were to work on the things I will learn as an SNA. However, he did warn me that after OCS, API and the waits in between that I will probably not have the same touch flying. He did say that my Sit. Awarness will be much greater as will my baude rate and that I will pick up the flying part very quickly when I start in primary.

Steve,
Have you thought about putting in a package for Spec OPs or Spec War now that yuo are out in the fleet? If your interested, I might be able to help. Just let me know.

Dave,

I think that a PPL is 3 or 4K.

Dave

Dave Shutter

Thanx Matt...I didn't know I could get those other ratings after winging!

I know the total costs of PPL lessons from start to finish is around 3-4K but the new IFS program that started with Ed Williams OCS class calls for all SNA's to go get 25 hours and a min of 1 solo privately before API. I have 21 hours already so this will put me over the min to test and the Navy is paying for it. At that point I just need to pay for FAA testing costs, whatever they may be, as they're not part of the program.

And no, the PPL is not something I feel I need to have, or something that even holds as much importance for me as it once did, considering what I could possibly end up flying now, but since they're paying for the hours it seems logical to just get it, unles of course the testing costs much more than the competency exam in which case I'd just wait for that.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.