• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taking the ASTB in five weeks...math questions

marmoset54

Final Select Supply Corps
Alright, here's what's happening thus far. I'm two years out of college with a BA and MA in Ancient and Military History (respectively) from Tulane University in New Orleans. I am an Americorps graduate and currently a volunteer with Habitat For Humanity.

While I did well in my classes, I have not TOUCHED physics or math since high school. In college, I took "symbolic logic"...wtf. But I digress.

This has been my plan of attack for about 1 1/2 weeks:

Three ARCO books (Officer Candidate, MFAT, and Mechanical Comprehension).
Both of the Barron's Books.
The lesser-known ASTB book (I believe there is a plane on the cover?)
AFAST Mechanical Sections
Gobbly globs of GOUGE from AW and USNAVYOCS.
Atrickpay's study guide
Marine Gouge

So reading comprehension will be easy for me, as will the mechanical comprehension (I hope...)

Does anyone have any advice on the math problems on the versions? I was planning on sitting with the ARCO and BARRON books for a few afternoons at Barnes and Noble until I understood everything.

v/r,

Marm

jtmedli

pilot
Alright, here's what's happening thus far. I'm two years out of college with a BA and MA in Ancient and Military History (respectively) from Tulane University in New Orleans. I am an Americorps graduate and currently a volunteer with Habitat For Humanity.

While I did well in my classes, I have not TOUCHED physics or math since high school. In college, I took "symbolic logic"...wtf. But I digress.

This has been my plan of attack for about 1 1/2 weeks:

Three ARCO books (Officer Candidate, MFAT, and Mechanical Comprehension).
Both of the Barron's Books.
The lesser-known ASTB book (I believe there is a plane on the cover?)
AFAST Mechanical Sections
Gobbly globs of GOUGE from AW and USNAVYOCS.
Atrickpay's study guide
Marine Gouge

So reading comprehension will be easy for me, as will the mechanical comprehension (I hope...)

Does anyone have any advice on the math problems on the versions? I was planning on sitting with the ARCO and BARRON books for a few afternoons at Barnes and Noble until I understood everything.

v/r,

Marm

There's an ASTB thread here where people have posted sample questions/answers and math suggestions. Check it out. I've posted 2 or 3 times in it.

A

AlexSmart

Get good at dividing exponents, algebra, and quadratic sh**. I took Form 3 and that is almost all the math I got asked, and those concepts escape me for some reason. I ended up with a 60 on the OAR but I think that might have been from some educated lucky guesses on the math section.

Gus Gorilla

I took it with a memory of math about as stale as your situation. I was 2 years removed from an algebra class and nearly 10 from a geometery class. I rushed into it and studied the ARCO book for about 2 weeks plus some other recommended things on here. Math.com, etc. I pulled out with an OAR of 64 once it was said and done.

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
I only used the two Arco books and the gouge on the this site. Atrickpay's study guides helped tremendously. My best advice is to study with practice tests and get yourself used to crunching problems under pressure.

Also.. read the topic about 1001 questions on the ASTB. All your questions and answers are probably in there.