• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taken three ASTB prior to commissioning

davis510

I search and don’t seem to see this circumstance stated by anyone yet. I got a feeling of what the answer would be but wanted to ask to see if there are ways around it.

The thing is I’m going to come in as a SWO, I’m looking to lat transfer down the line but I have taken 3 ASTB so far and my score don’t met the minimum requirement for SNA or NFO.

Are my chances for aviation pretty much nil or I can take another approach which will give me a potential stance. Thank you for the advice in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I search and don’t seem to see this circumstance stated by anyone yet. I got a feeling of what the answer would be but wanted to ask to see if there are ways around it.

The thing is I’m going to come in as a SWO, I’m looking to lat transfer down the line but I have taken 3 ASTB so far and my score don’t met the minimum requirement for SNA or NFO.

Are my chances for aviation pretty much nil or I can take another approach which will give me a potential stance. Thank you for the advice in advance.

Pilot / NFO take maybe 1-2 a year for lateral transfer. It’s super super competitive so you can imagine your performance and ASTB scores are what’s key for selection.

The ASTB is meant to show one’s potential through flight school. So if you can’t meet the minimums for that you essentially...

Big picture, go into the Navy assuming you’ll be a SWO your career, whether that’s 4 years or beyond.

davis510

Pilot / NFO take maybe 1-2 a year for lateral transfer. It’s super super competitive so you can imagine your performance and ASTB scores are what’s key for selection.

The ASTB is meant to show one’s potential through flight school. So if you can’t meet the minimums for that you essentially...

Big picture, go into the Navy assuming you’ll be a SWO your career, whether that’s 4 years or beyond.

I assume that was the scenario, thank you for the reply. I’m content with being a SWO for my career, just wonder about that potential career path if it was available in the future or not.

davis510

Thank you for your advice, I just wanted to ask about the required ASTB. I do understand a new score was introducted last year stating the require score was 6 across the board. I just wanted to ask if this requirement was passed on for lat transfer as well.

I was looking thru MILPERSMAN 1542-010 LATERAL TRANSFER INTO NAVAL AVIATION where it stated the requirement was the old scores being 4 for AQR and 5 for pilots and nfo. Not sure if there is a more updated version as this was on the public bupers page for active duty redesignators.

I fully understand the board committee would sought for the new average for their selectees but would like to confirm since if it is the latter then I can rid myself of that idea knowing I can’t even apply but if the old score applies for redes/lat transfer, I will know I have a chance since I qualify to apply for NFO. My AQR was 4, and my FOFAR was 5.

Hopefully I was able to paint clearly what I was trying to convey. Thank you for any feedback on this matter. I know my chances are really grim and the chances for my potential selection is low even with a stellar fitrep and CO recommendation with quotas playing a pivotal factor as well.