• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook '09

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Out of curiosity.. do the tailhook training squadrons make a sort of mass exodus of cross-country training flights around this time?

I dont know anyone who ccx'd there. Probably just the wrong part of the fiscal year to try and make that work :) There were NALO flights both from Meridian as well as Krock.

Epic epic epic weekend.....was my first 'Hook and I was not disappointed. Glad to meet several of you!

PJ81

FS SNA
Ok, I'll be the newbie to bite. Whats a NALO flight?

(google says Navy Air Logistics Office, but not sure exactly what a NALO flight would be)

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Ok, I'll be the newbie to bite. Whats a NALO flight?

(google says Navy Air Logistics Office, but not sure exactly what a NALO flight would be)

Navy version of commercial flight. AKA they fly people from point A to point B instead of buying you a commercial ticket. Commands do it when they have a large number of people to send somewhere. Sometimes you get to ride on a giant 747. Sometimes you get stuck in the back of a C-130...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
And in some cases you will have just regular clothes passengers riding along with you under the space A program.....active duty, reservist, or retired folks who are trying to get somewhere for free (good deal, especially if you get something nice like a C-40)

Our C-9 ride out of meridian was entertaining.....among other things, we finally got airborne with 1000 ft of runway remaining, just after we went clunk clunk over the long field arresting gear.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
And in some cases you will have just regular clothes passengers riding along with you under the space A program.....active duty, reservist, or retired folks who are trying to get somewhere for free (good deal, especially if you get something nice like a C-40)

Our C-9 ride out of meridian was entertaining.....we finally got airborne with 1000 ft of runway remaining, just after we went clunk clunk over the long field arresting gear.

What, anything with more than 5 digits max gross takeoff scare you? :icon_tong

Flugelman

Contributor

Our C-9 ride out of meridian was entertaining.....among other things, we finally got airborne with 1000 ft of runway remaining, just after we went clunk clunk over the long field arresting gear.

I have this mental image of a grizzled ol' reserve Commander in the left seat, unlit cigar clenched in his teeth, sayin' "Watch me make those brats in the back squeal like little girls. Heh heh heh..." :D