• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TAD while in Pensacola

occhi69b

I am at TBS right now and I know theres a big old wait to start down in Pensacola (I'm a pilot contract). How does TAD work. Are there only certain units you could go to, or is it pretty flexible. Any info would be great thanks.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Quite flexible. You must first check in (can take 2 days to a week), and talk to the Lt's in Officer Control. They'll allow pretty much anything, but you'll have to get permission from the unit you want to go to. If you don't have a particular unit in mind, there are several PTAD opportunities that pop up from time to time.

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
If you really want TAD, you will get it, just keep hounding the CO of the MOC about it. He has a lot of jobs to fill lieutenants with, but if you really want to go, he will grant it. I got PTAD with my OSO, but after asking atleast twice. There are somewhere from 5-7 units requesting lieutenants for TAD right now, but if you want to go back to your OSO or anywhere else, you will only get 30 days, and don't count on any more than that.