• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TAD in Jax - Things to do

PigzFly

I just got out to Jax on TAD orders for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on places to check out or things to do. I am working in the P8 FIT in VP-30 and will be here for about 3 weeks. I dont know anyone out here and dont know the area at all. Any thoughts? Even better, any JO's that are out here want to grab a beer or anything? Throw up a response or shoot me a PM. Everybody enjoy the upcoming weekend!

- Anyone who is playing the in the Navy Marine Corps Relief Golf Tournament tomorrow, ill be out there as well. It is my job to pick up the kegs and 25 cases of beer!

USNMark

You have to go to Kilwin's and get some ice cream or chocolates... pretty awesome. Also, why are you not PLAYING golf tomorrow in beautiful Florida?!? Oh well, you're handling alcohol at least, there's greatness to be had in that capacity.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Jax Beach....Go to The Ritz, The Brix, Lynches, Atlantic Club, Ocean Club, Bonefish
There are some good places in Atlantic Beach.
Southside Ale House is a good time. Have fun

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
You can come help paint/strip/wax some of the spaces this weekend. I found out that's what I'm doing. Flippin' Sweet.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
You can come help paint/strip/wax some of the spaces this weekend. I found out that's what I'm doing. Flippin' Sweet.

Ok, I deal with the HSM guys on a regular basis, and I still have to ask: seriously?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
i'll be at a school there and staying at the BOQ if anyone wants to meet up.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Whitey's Fish camp...beer, chicks, food...cigars...chicks...did I say chicks?

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
The Casbah is a pretty sweet hookah bar/restaurant. It's in Riverside, I'm pretty sure.

Carlos Caliente

None
Right next to West Inn Cantina. Great dive bar with drive thru liquor store.
That whole street is really cool. Half a mile closer to base on St. John's ave is the Ecripse, which has 80's nights on thursdays. Right next to the bridge there is Harpoon Louie's, which has a 2p flat-top Galaga Machine.
Jack Rabbits in San Marco might even have a decent out of town band playing.
All these places are less than 6 m from base if that's where yer stayin.