• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tacamo

pilotvmi

I dont think the fiscal year has anything to do with it. Slots came and went every few months when I was at whiting. What drove me up a wall was that there was no way to predict or even get a rough prediction of what would be available for selection day. Just pray for the best, work hard and all that good stuff.

Jaxs170

www.YANKEESSUCK.com
For FY '06 the plan is 24 new pilots, but for FY '07 the plan is to bring in only 12 new pilots. Overall, TACAMO is planning on reducing pilots by about 30% from the current manning levels over the next 10 months. I know about 12 pilots are already in the pipeline (meaning projected gains for VQ-3 or 4) for '06.

Keep in mind there is big delay between getting selected for E-6s and starting the FRS (which determines what FY you are in), about 8 months if I remember correctly, so realistically there are probably only a few slots left fo FY '06. Study hard and fly well, its getting tougher and tougher each year but you can still make it.

Chubby

Why would you want to fly the E-6? Not trying to start a pissing contest, I'm actually interested in the pro's and con's of it. Reason being, you don't really get too much exposure to it here in the primary VT's. Thanks.

riot1013

None
The biggest "Pro" to joining the TACAMO community is that you're home a good bit and the deployments are short, but very often.

Riot

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
If being home is a pro, is being stationed at Tinker a pro too? Serious question... Ive heard that Enid is pretty crappy, and am wondering if the rest of OK is that bad.

Edit... I see the filter isnt working

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
Just think of San Diego like eating at the Palm
Think of Pensacola as the Applebees
Oklahoma City would have to be the Denny's on its last day of health board certification.

Which one would you want to come home to?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
saltpeter said:
Because with only two squadron's your chance of making C.O. is nil.
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zippy said:
If being home is a pro, is being stationed at Tinker a pro too? Serious question... Ive heard that Enid is pretty crappy, and am wondering if the rest of OK is that bad.

Edit... I see the filter isnt working

Tinker is near Norman and Norman has OU which has SMOKING HOT GIRLS.

IanBass

T-6 Driver (IP)
pilot
Rand and Riot can speak for this. E-6 land can be fun if you like to just sit there and fly for hours on end, like a pax on comair. As a pilot, it is getting worse, they are cutting the # per squadron. Hours are getting less but heavy jet time is precious especially if you plan on getting out. Deployments can be shorter but you are home for sometimes 4 days before you go out again. So in a year you can be gone well over 6 months and up to the 8-9 month point if Ops abuses you. Other than that cost of living is way low in OK and there is year round golfing. Just look RIOT up if you get there and he can tell you the good places to play.

IanBass

T-6 Driver (IP)
pilot
Rand - yeah I just finished up at PIT right before Christmas and am now back at Vance as a T-6 IP. You at CC or Whiting now, any idea what you might get (gonna come back like Doomie)? Don't have a work email yet but shoot me one at ianbass78@yahoo.