• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tablet vs Laptop on deployment (kids these days I know)

jugg34naut

pilot
Thanks for all the advice. I just dropped big bones on the iPad and MacBook Pro. I guess the truck will have to wait another month or two in the end, no big rush. I have been a Windows user all my life until I finally bit the dust and bought an iPad with foreflight. That's the family iPad now and I got myself an iPad Pro. It'll be hard to go back to an android device now that I have an iPhone as well. Also, I just hope this MacBook lives up to the hype. All my family members that have one rave about it.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Curious to hear how you like the pro. I need a new iPad and have debated the air or the pro. I find on these short layovers I only ever need a tablet. I don't want to lug around a laptop.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I too need a new iPad, as the iPad 2 really bogs down with anything above iOS 6. Wondering if Apple is going to put out something new in the next year. Seems like the iPad Pro with the A9X chip is the way to go under their current line-up.

dustydog

pilot
What does AA provide for you guys IRT EFB? My iPad 2 is dying but I'm trying to hold out since I retire next year and I'm hoping that my next employer will be buying me something.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We just had a tech refresh to the iPad Air. Works a lot better. And we also have cellular data plan that is company provided.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
I have the Mini 4 for kneeboard use in the land of Orange and White. Pretty nice. Had an Air 2 before this and gave it to the wife. About the same performance wise. The 9.7in Pro seems quite nice as the new hotness. Heard good things about the new screen and speakers for use watching movies. I'd always recommend getting the best you can afford to stave off future obsolescence.

jugg34naut

pilot
Gents,
I love the new iPad pro. I have the 9.7 inch which is the same size as the air 2. Foreflight on this machine is the tits. It isn't too big in the cockpit either. If I were to ever fly in the T-6 as an IP I might find it unwieldy and the mini 4 would be the way to go. For now the wifi/cell version is fantastic with a pro subscription for FF. The new processor really makes a difference and the speaker sound is quite fantastic. I spent the extra hundred to get the unlocked version so that I can get a pay as you go plan overseas. I didn't get any iPad pro accessories so I can't speak to them.