• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T45 status

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So I guess these guys are chopped liver?
web_120223-N-GC412-549.jpg

Ain't no officer designator on that hog other than 1310......

Ghunter

Heard rumors that they'll be finally giving orders to jet selects to head over to Kingsville/Meridian. Anyone know if this is true?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Heard rumors that they'll be finally giving orders to jet selects to head over to Kingsville/Meridian. Anyone know if this is true?

I don't know if it's true, but it makes sense. The jet VTs are running again, and will be wanting new students.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Orders maybe, but last I heard from my buddy in Kville and the jet selects stashed at my squadron is that the next class of fresh studs won't begin until November.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Orders maybe, but last I heard from my buddy in Kville and the jet selects stashed at my squadron is that the next class of fresh studs won't begin until November.

That's not an unusually long wait, in fairness. I don't think it's all that much different for the Helo guys. Figure the next class selects say next Thursday, October 5th (making these numbers up). Roughly a week of out processing from their primary squadron, getting their move squared away, then 2-4 days of move time depending. Throw in a couple weekends including a long weekend, a stash week or two at the TRAWING, and boom, classing up beginning of November.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
That's not an unusually long wait, in fairness. I don't think it's all that much different for the Helo guys. Figure the next class selects say next Thursday, October 5th (making these numbers up). Roughly a week of out processing from their primary squadron, getting their move squared away, then 2-4 days of move time depending. Throw in a couple weekends including a long weekend, a stash week or two at the TRAWING, and boom, classing up beginning of November.

No. November means they'll have been sitting 6+ months.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Waiting on a sim today, there was a guy who selected Jets in Jan, got through ground school and sims but never made it to the plane before obogs shutdown. So he hasn't been at the controls of a real airplane Since early Jan and won't fly until early October.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
Dude, we're figuring January is pretty optimistic right now just to move to Kville or Meridian. I know down at VT-86 they only have like 4 jets per day that are up right now. I know they're moving guys through at TW-1/2, but it doesn't sound like full capacity. Rugby_Guy can probably elaborate more on that, all I know is hear-say and creeping on the web schedules.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not ideal, but it's happened before. Somewhat back in the day now ( :confused: ), but I showed up to Meridian when guys were finishing up who'd been involved in the Last Great T-2 Redstripe. Some had been there over 2 years, IIRC. I went almost 9 months between the last time I touched a T-45 and the first time I touched a Prowler, and that was a similar flow to my classmates of the time.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I waited 5 months between primary and advanced in Kingsville because they were having trouble completing the A to C transition and didn't have enough sims. They wound up starting a bunch of classes flying A's and switching to C's after RI's although my class and a few others stayed A's all the way.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not ideal, but it's happened before....

I got to P'cola just as the great backup of studs in the early to mid-90's was finally clearing up with waits at your home school, before and after API of up to 18-24 months were not unheard of.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
For a current timeline, I finished Primary the first week of May 16, didn't start ground school in KVille until first week in October. So that was 5 months and OBOGS was 4.5 months, add in delays getting to TBS and pre-API wait means I'll probably select and pin on Capt while I am still in Kingsville, as will other Marines here too.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Man the Marine Corps accession process and training pipelines are effed up. I remember having been a Captain for over a year in the RAG and watching YouTube video of strikes getting launched off the boat to OIR and seeing the name of some dude I went through T-45s with with his name painted on the jet as a LTJG.

Amory

Back when CNATRA visited TW-5 a few months ago, he mentioned jet selection would probably pick back up shortly after the next carrier qual det. I heard rumors recently that a T-45 carrier qual det finished up recently, anyone know if that's true?