• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t34 primary pubs

Malice 1

pilot
I'm done with primary. If anyone in the pcola area wants my pubs, shoot me a PM and you can come get them from me. I'll ship them outside of the pcola area if you paypal me shipping costs.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna recycle them.

gtxc2001

See what the monkey eats, then eat the monkey
pilot
Contributor
You may not find this to be the case depending on where you go, but I have used my primary pubs on more than one occasion to supplement the information in the helo FTI's. The helo Instrument FTI, for example, is pretty bare bones, and I have found that the T-34 FTI is nice to have to review some of the finer points of RI's.

Just something to consider before you dump your pubs.

KBayDog

You may not find this to be the case depending on where you go, but I have used my primary pubs on more than one occasion to supplement the information in the helo FTI's. The helo Instrument FTI, for example, is pretty bare bones, and I have found that the T-34 FTI is nice to have to review some of the finer points of RI's.

Just something to consider before you dump your pubs.

Very good call.

Malice 1

pilot
Man, I totally didn't think of that. I figured that helo school would be totally different than fixed wing stuff in every aspect.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Man, I totally didn't think of that. I figured that helo school would be totally different than fixed wing stuff in every aspect.

Acutally, Malice, i've had to refer to my primary pubs several times during advanced, and even when I was an FRS instructor. Especially for RIs. What you learn in primary is what you do in the fleet (at least in helos). 6Ts will save the day.

Malice 1

pilot
OK guys, I'll keep the instrument FTI and the jetlog/DD175 workbook for myself.

I don't think I'll need these anymore though, so I'm gonna give them away:
T34 systems
Contact FTI
Instrument workbook
weather workbook (weather info is available everywhere)
Whiting FWOP

Should I keep the formation FTI, or do I get a more relevant book in advanced?

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot

When I reported aboard at the HT's the book issue guy asked where I did Primary... and I begrudgingly admitted I was from Vance. He told me the Air Force doesn't teach instruments worth crap, and insisted on issuing me a T-34 Instruments book too...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Good luck selecting Malice ... you were TBS Alpha Co right? Keep us posted on what happens Friday.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
On the contrary, I have probably used my Primary Weather book (along with the API one) more than any other old pub. But you might have had a better grasp than did I.

whitman

Malice,

I'll take them off your hands. I live in Navarre and could drive up and meet you sometime soon. Let me know

Whit