• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T34 Navigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
toddb said:
I'm looking for a T-34C Pocket checklist (PCL)
anyone have one collecting dust that would be willing to pass it on?

Todd
todd.burke@goodrich.com

The award for random post of the day not belonging in a dead thread, goes to you.

Try making a new topic about it.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
wow, I was reading Patmack's ILS reply and beau's "how to fly a t-34" reply. I thought something wasn't right..... or maybe I'm in bizarro world.

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
The instrumentation in the T-34c will initially scare most low time civilian aviators (at least I was "impressed"). The powerplant instruments will be very familiar, as will the general layout to anyone with significant turbo- Beechcraft time, while Cessna Bubbas will feel a bit outta place. The RMI sits pretty much dead center and allows for a very smooth instrument scan (the GPS birds have a different engine cluster but its small potatoes). The main difference between ILS and TACAN, in my personal opinion is the ammount of brain gymnastics involved in interpreting what you see the needles do. Once you get the hang of it, the RMI seemed easier to me, but the split use of VOR/DME + the overload of time estimates, fuel management, field briefs and constantly switching controllers made the entire task well worth the name "Tor-Mentor" :) Every instructor is different, and you'll just have to get a feel for who prioritizes what. I was always impressed by the guys who didn't really get anal about the verbage of a brief, as long as you were on time, on target and knew what was coming up next.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
bch said:
Can Someone Please Close This Thread???!!!!???

You're a mod bch. Lock it. :)

(I agree, this was resurrected for no good reason)

Status
Not open for further replies.