• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T/S Clearance for Helo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

If I get Helo's will I still have to wait the 1.5+ years for a T/S Clearance or are those only required for fighter jets? Thanks

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Secret clearance is all you need for any company-grade pilot slot, rotary or f/w with the possible exception of EA-6B.

I don't know where the 1.5 year figure came from. HMX-1 does "Yankee White" personnel reliability investigations in less than a year and usually w/in 6 mo. Those are about as thorough as it gets.

Phrogs phorever

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
That's what I figured... Although on the navy side, I wouldn't be surprised if T/S was required for the E-6 and EP-3 platforms. Didn't think it sounded right for TACAIR.

<<Aimee says I WANNA KNOW IN ENGLISH (NO NAUTICAL TERMS) HOW TO LACE MY SHOES>>

Dave Shutter

I heard they only took a month to do. As a Crypto/Intel/Sub guy in OCS you can't commission w/o it, that's what we were told anyway. As a pilot they may take 1.5 years to get around to it? Clearence isn't really a priority for flight students I imagine, especially when you can separate from the program and go somewhere where it's not required. I do remember hearing it costs the US around 35k in manhours and travel expenses to do one.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
I believe issuing a top secret clearance costs the government somewhere in the neighborhood of 30k.

Status
Not open for further replies.