• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-6

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
According the LCDR who was that STUD, though, the IP transmitted on his PRC-90 while hanging from the chute. And they THINK he misjudged his height when he released, but no one will know for sure.

beau

gaijin6423 said:
According the LCDR who was that STUD, though, the IP transmitted on his PRC-90 while hanging from the chute. And they THINK he misjudged his height when he released, but no one will know for sure.

what he said...I was in 27 during that SSD. all Suspected ....the body was never recovered. Hell the sharks could have gotten him...especially if he was bleeding (quite possible)...but more assumptions...we will never know!

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
goplay234 said:
Not for a while dude. Whiting's runway is too short is what I heard.

You're sure about that? Whiting has 6000' runways and the NATOPS requirement for the T-6 is 5000. Add a 1000 for buffer room because of SNA's and you're good to go.

I'm pretty sure the main reason is money. Why scrap the 34 when they can squeeze a couple thousand more hours out of each.

PanthroNFO

FOS like a Bo$$ :0/
None
usnmerritt said:
You're sure about that? Whiting has 6000' runways and the NATOPS requirement for the T-6 is 5000. Add a 1000 for buffer room because of SNA's and you're good to go.

I'm pretty sure the main reason is money. Why scrap the 34 when they can squeeze a couple thousand more hours out of each.

wow.....toolish, and yet insightful.

batman527

Banned
gatordev said:
When were you told that? I ask because about two months ago, I heard from the -34 model manager that maybe in a year or two they would start showing up.

2006+1=2007
2008+2=2008
:D :icon_wink

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
usnmerritt said:

Yeah ... umm stop guessing and concentrate on what you know. "I'm pretty sure" is not a good way to answer a question at flight school.

Last I checked they are still doing split field ops at KNSE. Also the runway length at most of the outlying fields is 2800'-3500' not 5000.'

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
JC52083 said:
None of this discussion shpuld take away from the fact that the T-6 is a pretty sweet plane...ejection seats and all.

and to continue training pilots in the most modern military in the world on round dial steam gauges makes no sense at all...Partial panel with a turn needle, ball, and airspeed is not a relevant skill in todays world of combat aviation.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
and to continue training pilots in the most modern military in the world on round dial steam gauges makes no sense at all...Partial panel with a turn needle, ball, and airspeed is not a relevant skill in todays world of combat aviation.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.