• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 Texan from P’cola down in Alabama

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So now NCIS is investigating the probable cause of aircraft mishaps. Not enough sailors doing drugs and assaulting their spouses to keep them busy, or is their new investigation duty an excuse not to make good on Fat Leonard prosecutions.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So now NCIS is investigating the probable cause of aircraft mishaps. Not enough sailors doing drugs and assaulting their spouses to keep them busy, or is their new investigation duty an excuse not to make good on Fat Leonard prosecutions.
Not sure if you’re joking, but I think that has to be a reporter not knowing what they’re talking about.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not sure if you’re joking, but I think that has to be a reporter not knowing what they’re talking about.
Am joking, but I am sure the NCIS must make inquires to make sure there was no criminal angle like Airman Timmy sabotaging his division officer's plane or gun decked maintenance logs. I just don't know if that comes after or before the mishap board finishes their fact gathering and before the MIR. And yes, the reporter is ignorant.

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Don’t forget the marines!

WhiskeySierra6

pilot
Am joking, but I am sure the NCIS must make inquires to make sure there was no criminal angle like Airman Timmy sabotaging his division officer's plane or gun decked maintenance logs. I just don't know if that comes after or before the mishap board finishes their fact gathering and before the MIR. And yes, the reporter is ignorant.
There's almost always a JAGMAN concurrently running with the AMB after class A mishaps. Different people with different objectives.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
There's almost always a JAGMAN concurrently running with the AMB after class A mishaps. Different people with different objectives.
Yeah, but I can't think NCIS is going to be arsed to poke their nose into every class A unless the initial JAGMAN turns up some reason for them to have jurisdiction over the investigation, like someone's blood draw popping for cocaine or something (emphatically NOT implying that's the case here). They have enough on their plate that's within their remit. Probably just a local Redneck Riviera hack writing an article where he's in over his head and doesn't know what TF he's talking about.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Yeah, I'm not even sure NCIS would get involved if there is damage to civilian property/people. We had an "incident" at a previous squadron, and I did all the calling of victims and rebuilding-the-scene work.

WhiskeySierra6

pilot
Yeah, but I can't think NCIS is going to be arsed to poke their nose into every class A unless the initial JAGMAN turns up some reason for them to have jurisdiction over the investigation, like someone's blood draw popping for cocaine or something (emphatically NOT implying that's the case here). They have enough on their plate that's within their remit. Probably just a local Redneck Riviera hack writing an article where he's in over his head and doesn't know what TF he's talking about.
NCIS was involved in the Class A I was on the AMB for. It seemed like a check in the block formality though. Single data point only but data nonetheless.