• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 Cockpit Posters??

Purdue

Chicks Dig Rotors...
pilot
I'm trying to find a place that sells a T-6 Cockpit poster... Everyone here at Vance claims they are absolutely necessary, and I don't wanna buck that system. The AF issued us one, but it's printed on 8x14" paper... not exactly big.

However, everyone's been telling us to buy them from www.papertrainer.com And if you go to his website, it says he's out of business! Even the listed telephone number is defunct.

I've heard a rumor the local copyshop will print you out a copy... but it's in 9 pieces and needs to be taped together... and is missing the back-up UHF radio and a few switches.

I was wondering if anyone had found a replacement for the one-piece beauties that PaperTrainer had.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Never really used one... the T-6 is an easy cockpit to learn. Just sat in the sims and went through the checklists about a thousand times.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
If you're still in P-Cola, just go over to Griffith Hall book issue and ask for one. Or have one of your SNFO friends do it for you.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Use a smaller size hi-res one and use a program called Rasterbator to make it as large as you want.

KBayDog

I don't know much about the Air Force's system, but why don't you wait a bit and see just how "absolutely necessary" a huge cockpit poster is before you go out of your way to get one?

NavyLonghorn

I don't know much about the Air Force's system, but why don't you wait a bit and see just how "absolutely necessary" a huge cockpit poster is before you go out of your way to get one?

The airforce will expect you to know the cockpit before they teach it to you.

That being said, I never used a poster.

papertrainer

Hope this isn't too self-serving, but papertrainer.com is back. I kept getting requests for the posters so I'm going through Cafepress to handle all the printing and shipping. I quite honestly ran out of time to be able to handle the business. I hope this solution will work for those who still need the posters. Thanks!

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I had one, but I never used it. I think they might even give you a small one. Any one know if that's true? I'm not sure on it.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The AF issued us one, but it's printed on 8x14" paper... not exactly big.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question...but couldn't you take it to Kinko's and have them enlarge it?

KISS?