• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45A's going to C's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellodollies

Im an E2 guy heading to Kingsville in Feb and I was hoping for some input from the guys already there whether or not the alpha model will be going to the charlie model anytime soon? Is there one squadron that all E2 guys get assigned to? Also, is the wait time for E2 guys the same as it is for strike studs, meaning does our T-44 class date mean there is a T-45 class slot ready when we arrive? Thanks.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We don't spell out A and C and other letters in text. There is no use. :)

That said, the CO of one of the squadrons here at NAS Meridian said NAS Kingsville is getting the C's online, slowly. Hopefully Squeeze can chime in here about that.

Pap

Naval Aviator
pilot
You mean that those poor K-rock guys have to fly around with....gasp....steam instruments??? Oh the horror :icon_tong

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
We got our own, brand-spanking new C model just a few weeks ago. We gave back one of the Meridian birds but we've still got another one that we've rescued from their beleaguered hands. ;)

Anywho, we just started to train IP's in them. Expect atleast another year before we start a C model stud class. Another problem is the OFT's (simulators). They are still having software issues with it. It's leaps and bounds ahead of what Meridian has, that's why we're having so many issues. They've been working on that one for a year. We have one other C OFT, but they're trying to get the first one to work still.

E2/C2 guys get assigned to both VT-21 and 22. Your wait time is seperate from the TS guys. Don't expect a long wait since they are in dire need of E2/C2 pilots right now. Maybe 2 weeks, maybe a month. It depends on what the class situation looks like when you get here. It changes every week. They even offered TS guys a transition to E2/C2 if anyone wanted it. No one took it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are the graphics of your new OFT better than the Meridian ones?

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Are the graphics of your new OFT better than the Meridian ones?

I don't know. You guys flying off of the satellite imaged graphics?

They designed a new OS to run these sims, its a very sweet setup. Touch-panel flat-screens and all.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
I don't know. You guys flying off of the satellite imaged graphics?

They designed a new OS to run these sims, its a very sweet setup. Touch-panel flat-screens and all.

Nope. I'd say our graphics look like Microsoft Flight Simulator 98.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
Nope. I'd say our graphics look like Microsoft Flight Simulator 98.

oh good, us too

I'm sure someone up there has a video of the graphics in these sims, its simply amazing. You can spot your house when you fly over it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
oh good, us too

I'm sure someone up there has a video of the graphics in these sims, its simply amazing. You can spot your house when you fly over it.

No sh!t? that good? I have to see this...

(The geek inside me)

petescheu

yeah, we have the same stuff supposedly that the viper sims have, and I'm sure prolly the rest of the fleet birds have. super high res graphics based off satellite imagery, but like punk said, still having software issues. word on the street is that the sims are done otherwise, but the contractor won't hand them over to the navy b/c we have yet to pay for them. either way, i don't see any studs in C models for quite some time. I wouldn't want to be around then anyways, skeds is going to be a nightmare when they start the transition, esp if they have SAS and non SAS jets online then too.

jso

I am a new to this site, but I am still going to throw in my two cents. I just finished my cq in the e2 rag. I don't know who told you guys they were in dire need of pilots but we are overloaded here and in all the squadrons in the fleet. I have friends ahead of me who are not getting any flight time b/c they simply have too many JO's. Just a heads up.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
jso said:
I am a new to this site, but I am still going to throw in my two cents. I just finished my cq in the e2 rag. I don't know who told you guys they were in dire need of pilots but we are overloaded here and in all the squadrons in the fleet. I have friends ahead of me who are not getting any flight time b/c they simply have too many JO's. Just a heads up.

We were told exactly the opposite in an AOM just last week. We've had 6-7 E2/C2 attrites in the last couple months. 4 or 5 that are in the syllabus right now are taking the Marine transition to jets. So they asked if any TS guys wanted to transition cause they needed E2/C2 pilots.

jso

I guess if there are attrites that makes a difference. I was in the first class down in K-rock to fly the T-45 after they made the switch to from T-2's. They were saying they needed students bad due to the break in training. When I got here I spent four months waiting to class up. I think that is pretty standard right now. Also there are a lot of breaks in training here. It is the way the syllabus is set up.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
heck, the navy is so overstaffed right now that they're offering YG02-03 jet SNAs a chance to do 2 years of TAR flying C-9s/Gulfstreams, and then 6 of SELRES.

I think we've seen just about every possible outcome of the accordian-style mgmt of the Navy/MC recently.

petescheu

Yeah, i seriously don't know who they have working the widgets at personell... it just blows my mind how stupid some of this stuff is

Status
Not open for further replies.