• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 vs Bird HUD Video

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
First of all, this is not a video from any recent mishaps.

This bird got chewed up late last year on an early Fam hop in good ole MS. The bird went down the intake after climbing past 1200' and somehow through their amazing skills and teamwork were able to bring the jet back. They landed with the engine rpm decreasing past 30% and took the long field gear. After you watch the video, you realize that the altitude needed to do a modified 180 degree turn to land with a rapidly decreasing rpm is about 1200 feet...

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
I crapped my pants just watching that. It's nice to see that the Meridian controllers sound exactly like they did in the 90s. Not that it's bad, their tone rarely changes. I can't tell if they're cool, calm and collected . . . or bored.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great video...that must be the shortest hop in their logbook (or anyone else's for that matter). Looks like they didn't even get a .1 out of it.

phrogpilot73

My favorite part was the tower controller telling him to enter a downwind... Nope - 19L. Reminds me of a debate with a tower controller in Yuma whether I would take the tailwind or not... This pilot won, so did I :)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Nice job.

I crapped my pants just watching that. It's nice to see that the Meridian controllers sound exactly like they did in the 90s. Not that it's bad, their tone rarely changes. I can't tell if they're cool, calm and collected . . . or bored.

I was more struck by the fact that apparently the Whiting tower controllers were cross-training that day up at Meridian. "We're doing A." "Roger, you're cleared to do C." "Uh, no, we're doing A." "Oh, roger, cleared to do A."

Great video...that must be the shortest hop in their logbook (or anyone else's for that matter). Looks like they didn't even get a .1 out of it.

You've OBVIOUSLY never FCF'ed a helo before!

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Nice job.

I was more struck by the fact that apparently the Whiting tower controllers were cross-training that day up at Meridian. "We're doing A." "Roger, you're cleared to do C." "Uh, no, we're doing A." "Oh, roger, cleared to do A."

You've OBVIOUSLY never FCF'ed a helo before!

(break deck) :shake_125OH SHIT! (on deck)

1.0 :D