• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 IP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taildragger

API-bound!
Here's a question for you guys in Advanced right now: what does the selection track for T-45 IP's look like? What percentage of guys graduating from T-45's are selected to be T-45 IP's?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a jet guy but would you really want that? To go from stud to instructor in a month and have no fleet credibility? What student is going to respect that. Go get some scalps then come back and instruct when you have some fleet experience to share.

Edit: If I misread your post Im sorry and someone can fill you in on the track AFTER a fleet tour

Jedj

I know a couple of people that did that. they only select like two a year, and they are top of the class type guys. great experience from what I hear. you get tons of hours and a lot of good deals. When I went through a couple of years ago I actually had one as my fam onwing, they're call SERGRADs, and he was a great instructor. And I respected him because he could fly the **** out of a T-45. I learned a lot from him too. And, you dont have to do a disassociated sea tour because of the way the timing works out. Overall, I would say it would be a sweet deal.

Taildragger

API-bound!
Yeah, I was wondering how they do that. The Air Force has a program called FAIP, or First Assignment Instructor Pilot, where guys go through T-38's and get winged, then go back and be a T-38, T-37, or T-6 instructor as their first assignment and have a fighter follow-on after that. Is it common for guys to get a T-45 IP assignment straight out of Advanced, or is that type of assignment pretty much non-existant?

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Im sorry for butting in on the thread but I cant see this as a good thing especially when our country is at war. I wanted to get away from the orange and white as quickly as I could and go shoot something (I know you guys drop blue death but it really doesnt count). Also why spend time in the training command and Meirdian and Kingville any longer than you ahve to. Dont miss out on being a young 1stLT or Ensign in a squadron where you will have the most fun and mistakes will be forgive. If you show up as a guy with lots of hours but none of them in your real aircraft your mistakes will not be as quickly forgiven.
Please Fleet pilots jump in here.
Off Safe, egressing to other threads

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm pretty sure that Sergrad was a two year deal. Sergrads are no longer a selection option as UI said above. All of the sergrads are gone from CTW-1 now and there are no slots in the immediate future for them.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
skidkid said:
Im sorry for butting in on the thread but I cant see this as a good thing especially when our country is at war. I wanted to get away from the orange and white as quickly as I could and go shoot something (I know you guys drop blue death but it really doesnt count). Also why spend time in the training command and Meirdian and Kingville any longer than you ahve to. Dont miss out on being a young 1stLT or Ensign in a squadron where you will have the most fun and mistakes will be forgive. If you show up as a guy with lots of hours but none of them in your real aircraft your mistakes will not be as quickly forgiven.
Please Fleet pilots jump in here.
Off Safe, egressing to other threads

I agree with your logic - since it is not an option for Marines, I will go ahead and make the assumption that they do as well.

I thought there was another thread about this somewhere - but as I remember the rumor...I thought the Navy dumped the program because one of them screwed up. Something to the effect of 4 G's over the limit in the break - don't quote me, just heard a few people rambling about it.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Talk about the red eye! Over is going to need some serious Visine.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
I just hope that the BI student had the bag off by that time. That would totally suck "hick'ing" under the bag with no outside reference...

petescheu

Yeah zero SERGRADs right now in K-Rok. supposedly there are billets but they stopped taking them for some reason or another. not sure if that 10.1 Gs is a meridian incident or if ya'll are talking about the incident that happened in KRok. the guy didn't get dumped. from what i was told, he GLOCd the stud in the back though... little more than he probably expected on a BI flight

Status
Not open for further replies.