• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 down near Ft Worth. Crew Ejects.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-45 crash near Ft Worth. Looks like the crew got out. News Story.

CNATRA said:
Today at approximately 11:15 a.m. CDT, a Navy T-45C Goshawk jet trainer aircraft assigned to Training Air Wing 2 at Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas, crashed in Lake Worth, Texas, approximately two miles northeast of Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth.

The two occupants ejected from the aircraft. The instructor pilot is in stable condition; the student naval aviator’s condition is unknown but he is alive and receiving treatment. Both were transported to medical facilities for evaluation.

The aircraft impacted the ground in a civilian neighborhood. Emergency services responded to the scene. The Navy is cooperating with local authorities. The incident is under investigation.

The pilots were conducting a routine training flight that originated from Corpus Christi International Airport. The cause of the crash is unknown. The safety team is en-route for damage assessment.

Updates will be provided as the situation develops.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"The plane had a traditional ejection seat where the canopy would pop off before the pilots were ejected. "

?‍♂️

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Power lines versus parachute risers…game I never wanted to play. Hope it works out for the pilots, that would be a shitty end to a successful ejection.

taxi1

pilot
Power lines versus parachute risers…game I never wanted to play. Hope it works out for the pilots, that would be a shitty end to a successful ejection.
The story flashed me back to a friend of mine from AOCS who jumped out of a Tomcat and landed in power lines. They later concluded that he undid his Koch’s and fell to his death. I guess he misjudged the height?

The story says he was a RIO, but he was a pilot sitting in the back on an ACM maneuver demo hop.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least two witnesses reported seeing one of the crew‘s flightsuit on fire. Another terrible way to go.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Update from CNATRA:
CNATRA said:
UPDATE: Today at approximately 11 a.m. CDT, a Navy T-45C Goshawk jet trainer aircraft assigned to Training Air Wing 2 at Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas, crashed in Lake Worth, Texas, approximately two miles northeast of Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth.

The two pilots ejected from the aircraft. The instructor pilot was reported in stable condition; the student naval aviator was reported in serious condition – his injuries were not life threatening. Both were transported to local medical facilities for treatment.

The aircraft impacted the ground in a civilian neighborhood causing damage to at least three homes. Emergency services responded to the scene. The Navy is cooperating fully with local authorities.

The incident is under investigation.

The pilots were conducting a routine training flight that originated at from Corpus Christi International Airport. The safety and environmental teams are en-route for scene assessment.

We are extremely thankful for the support from Lake Worth and Fort Worth Fire Departments, Lake Worth Police, Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, and other community partners who responded to the scene.

Updates will be provided as the situation develops.