• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44C or A?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Anyone know how many T-44s in 31 have the glass cockpit? Are they all converted yet?

They have 8 right now (I think thats the number), rumors of a few more coming online soon. They plan on converting 2 every month or two, but you know how plans work out ...

I fly the C, and it is pretty sweet. Lots of goodies all over that thing. If you have any specific questions send away. You heading down here soon?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
The C-12 ate it...be a man...go to -35:icon_zbee

EDIT: Yeah...drunk-posting....lol...

MasterBates

Much like the T-45B, it was something that got far enough along to be named, but never made it to production.

Wingnut

Kill your television
Eight sounds like the right number; I'm flying the A-model right now. Far as I'm concerned, that glass is pretty and all, but no use learning that since the P-3 won't have it. Also, because of fewer planes and only one sim, the C-model guys tend to take longer to complete. Not sure how long the C-model transition will take, supposedly it's not going as fast as planned (surprise!), and as far as I'm concerned there's no big need for glass cockpit as long as we're training for P-3s, E2/C2, C130s, etc. Oh, and I don't see TC-12's eating T-44s, they're too busy flying all over Texas to do their touch and go's.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Oh, and I don't see TC-12's eating T-44s, they're too busy flying all over Texas to do their touch and go's.

Oh don't be hate'n just because we're faster, have longer legs, and aren't restricted to only using Cabaniss to bounce! Though, on occasion I do go there and it's weird to be the only t-tail in the pattern.

MasterBates

Just be glad you are not cycling your gear. EVERY FREAKIN PASS..

IMHO the P3/C130 community makes it SO FARKING COMPLICATED.

"Gear?" "Clear!" seems to work everywhere else.

Navyfan06

pilot
QUOTE]

They don't cycle the gear anymore. Now you just leave it down in the pattern.

But for the OP the "C" model looks like its pretty fun but with the "A" model your going to get done a heck of a lot faster. Which is key because if your going P-3/C-130 your going to get some time off before you wing.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
there's no big need for glass cockpit as long as we're training for P-3s, E2/C2, C130s, etc.
Well, some of us Herc guys are continuing on to another glass cockpit ... but I agree on your point.

Yes, we do take longer to get through. The wait for planes hasn't been bad. There has only been a few times where we had to wait a few hours to get a plane, maybe 2 hrs max. I have not had a cancellation due to lack of planes ... yet.

The sim on the other hand has been a cluster fvck. It broke really good (bad?) last week ... took em about 4 days to get it working again. Kinda sucks to get CX for WX, but you know it happens sometimes. I was looking forward to getting into the sim and making up some ground - you kinda expect to fly a sim, there should be no real reason for it to be canceled (especially not for almost a week). We'll see how long it holds. The sim also has some things that it doesn't simulate properly, and certain parts of the displays and FMS don't work like they do in the plane.

Navyfan06

pilot
Yea it stinks for the C-mod guys/gals when there is only 1 sim. So if it breaks, your SOL and they it get backlogged.

rolo12

Have they had any SERGRADS (FAIPS) in VT-31 in the last few years? I was a SERGRAD there after getting winged in '99. Great deal...

mb1k

pilot
None

IMHO the P3/C130 community makes it SO FARKING COMPLICATED.

"Gear?" "Clear!" seems to work everywhere else.

Slight thread-jack... CONCUR. Flying T-45s is an eye opener, the atmosphere and climate is so different and much more pragmatic. Be safe, be competent, fly the jet, and get the mission done.

No T-45 IP cares that the bleed valve opens at 7700 +/- 500 on descent! Just tell me that it opens at 7700 and that's good. A P-3 or LAMPS guy would nail you to the wall and give you a "below" for not knowing the "plus or minus" number.... Truth.

<rant off>

mb1k

pilot
None
...not quite true.

Chew on this for a minute...

The Navy is moving to the P-8, yet we're training in the T-44A/C or TC-12, a turbo prop. The only applicability will only remain in the C-130 and E2/C2 communities. Seems as though the Air Force is getting the best out of Navy training!

This is just me, but we should train the AF/USMC and E2/C2 guys in the T-44 and optimally exchange the training for future P-8 guys to the T-1.

I know... just one guy thinking.