• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44C gouge

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
Hey all, this thread has been dead for a little while now. There is some useful gouge floating around dropbox and there are plenty of new wingers on AW that can drop some info about T-6B and T-34C transition to the Charlie mod Pegasus. If you're headed to VT-31 it would be a real help to find someone who flew your platform out of primary. T-6B guys in general are savvy with the FMS/glass stuff and the 34 guys are better at - well - lots of other stuff.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
"Attitude, Altitude, Mode, Thrust, Adjust...Works for EVERY airplane!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Thank god there's only 11 switches in the T45 that have to be either off or on to get it started...that hurt my brain.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
T-6 is awesome...in a pinch all you'd need is 1. Canopy-close 2. Battery Switch-On 3. PCL-Start Ready 4. Starter Switch-Auto/Reset
Then watch the magic!

You know, if the Rooskies parachuted in and you had to GTFO quickly...

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
I thought the 44C was user friendly, sense most the nav systems dont work in the sim, IP didnt expect too much, and were more then willing to show you the gucci command bars and setting up visual approaches. Ask the E6 ip's they seemed the most savi with the auto pilot and fms pro set up, and wanted you to fly it that way. For the most part everyone seemed happy if you could just power/rudder/gear/flaps and stay coordinated, everything else pretty simple, you have a co-pilot now use him. about the time you figure it all out, you are prob winging. As far as actual gouge dont think i have any, im sure the drop box is still getting passed around, that and good ole big blue prob all most people need.

Renegade One

None
Two engines = twice the likelihood of losing an engine on takeoff.

Asymmetric thrust is not your friend.

Your remaining engine will always provide you with enough power to get to the scene of the crash.

Lack of ejection seats = "commitment" to knowing how to ditch or crash land in unprepared terrain. There are exceptions…

You will usually be the first eye-witness at the scene of the crash site. Try to finesse the end-game so that you are able to give testimony.

That's my gouge. :)

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor

:)

^^^ What he said, by no means was I implying to just set back and let someone teach you or wing it. I was giving benefit of doubt that whoever was reading my comment had suit cased their motivation and was squared away. After flying the hawkeye, I hardly look at a kingair as asymmetric thrust. Though it is and plenty to kill you; on the go or even in the approach turn. Finesse is a key word to all flying, but back to the OP, what i mentioned before was just differences going to the glass. I went -34 steam, -45 glass, -44c glass and back to E2C steam. Time heals all things, even a horrible scan.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Your remaining engine will always provide you with enough power to get to the scene of the crash.

Lack of ejection seats = "commitment" to knowing how to ditch or crash land in unprepared terrain. There are exceptions…

You will usually be the first eye-witness at the scene of the crash site. Try to finesse the end-game so that you are able to give testimony.

That's my gouge. :)

Seems that's the standard GA, non-turbine, multi engine gouge...

You have significantly more useful thrust with anything PT6 powered which make the last three less applicable provided you don't stomp on the wrong rudder, or shut the good engine down. Even the T-44, which is relatively under powered, gives a decent single engine rate of climb in the pattern.

Kaman

Beech 1900 pilot's; "Fly it like you stole it"
Can't go wrong with either the PT-6 or the King Air (T-44)