• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34s over San Diego

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The flight schedule is definitely a tough job. It takes up to and including 15 minutes to write. For example:

Spiral 11: Single Seat 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 12: Gatordev 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 13: Nozeman 0700/0800/1100

Spiral 21: Single Seat 1200/1500
Spiral 22: Gatordev 1200/1500.....

You get the idea. It's a small price to pay for getting a free trip to San dog/VA Beach and working all of maybe 3 days a week.

Spiral? Either that's a common callsign, or you're at the FITU.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The flight schedule is definitely a tough job. It takes up to and including 15 minutes to write. For example:

Spiral 11: Single Seat 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 12: Gatordev 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 13: Nozeman 0700/0800/1100

Spiral 21: Single Seat 1200/1500
Spiral 22: Gatordev 1200/1500.....

You get the idea. It's a small price to pay for getting a free trip to San dog/VA Beach and working all of maybe 3 days a week.

Sounds about the amount of work I did when I was a young stash doing the job. I think I worked 4 days a week, was off by 5, out with a beer in hand by 7.

phrogpilot73

Sounds about the amount of work I did when I was a young stash doing the job. I think I worked 4 days a week, was off by 5, out with a beer in hand by 7.
What's a stash job?!? :D

I was lucky enough never to draw a stash job. Post-API I had to be part of the stand-by funeral detail. Did two funerals. The rest of my time in any pool was spent at the beach, drinking beer, chasing chicks, or scuba diving. Seriously.

Pags

N/A
pilot
By the time I finished flight school I had almost 1yr of stash time. I jumped at the chance to get drunk someplace other than pcola.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Spiral? Either that's a common callsign, or you're at the FITU.

As it turns out, I was at the FITU, but normally, since the flight hours come from the Wing for CORTRAMID, they use the Spiral callsign throughout CORTRAMID (at least for the TW-5 planes).

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
As it turns out, I was at the FITU, but normally, since the flight hours come from the Wing for CORTRAMID, they use the Spiral callsign throughout CORTRAMID (at least for the TW-5 planes).

AHHH, yes yes. It all makes sense now. I do remember seeing Mid-orientation flights in TIMS now that you mention it. I'm a little slow, but not stupid. :D

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
Well, after all this lively and informative discussion, let me say that every time one of those beautiful white, orange and black works of art comes ripping through the South Bay at 1000 feet sending me diving for cover as they make their position report over 123.10, I smile and remember the good 'ole days as some instructor was breathing down my neck waiting for me to screw something up.

In all seriousness, I love seeing the turbo weenie out and about. Cool as hell.

X.