• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34s over San Diego

xnvyflyer

xnvyflyer
pilot
Anybody have the scoop on why there has been a sudden increase in T-34 traffic over San Diego? In the last couple weeks I have seen (and heard on VHF 123.10) T-34 flights up the kazoo.

Is the pilot who had the near mid air with me (sheriff's helicopter) about 2 weeks ago over the Rancho San Diego area on here?

I miss that bird, but it's great seeing them still going strong over San Diego.

X

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
CORTRAMID West is based out of San Diego. The T-34s are in town to give the middies rides. It's part of the aviation week festivities.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
yup a friend of mine got the sweet job of being a stash ENS out there with all the IPs

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Or maybe lots of folks from Corpus getting finished up w/ RI's now that the weather has been better (and they got PA's and contacts done).....doin x-countries out there. I know at least one gaggle went out there recently, probably more since I haven't paid that much attention.....

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They help stage and strap in the mids during the hot seats. May also write the flight schedule.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Or maybe lots of folks from Corpus getting finished up w/ RI's now that the weather has been better (and they got PA's and contacts done).....doin x-countries out there. I know at least one gaggle went out there recently, probably more since I haven't paid that much attention.....

....I've had to entertain the middies too. The planes are here for CORTRAMID.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
I think I remember some ensign who was waiting for E2/C2 advanced hanging out with us out at north island.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^^^Yeah, let's see: instead of sitting in the wait pool for advanced on the beach in Corpus, you get to go live in the Q, eat JP-5 exhaust fumes, and bake on the flight line in SanDog for 10 hours a day. Then you get to write the flight schedule and handle any other administrivia nobody else wants to do. Great deal!

Now, if you have wings, it would be an awesome deal, but for us stash types, not so much.

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
^^^^Yeah, let's see: instead of sitting in the wait pool for advanced on the beach in Corpus, you get to go live in the Q, eat JP-5 exhaust fumes, and bake on the flight line in SanDog for 10 hours a day. Then you get to write the flight schedule and handle any other administrivia nobody else wants to do. Great deal!

Now, if you have wings, it would be an awesome deal, but for us stash types, not so much.

SMALL PRICE TO PAY TO BE IN SAN DIEGO. South Texas is slowly but surely draining me of my will to live.:D

utak

Is there any availability in the Q over in SanDog? I'll be flying to North Island for my XC trip next week.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot

Best stash job EVER: When I was waiting for API, I did "OHARP" out in Santa Monica for a month. It was at a Reserve office with only a Chief there. I went in 2 days a week (Tue and Thu) for 3 hours answering the phone (which rang once in a month). I was able to walk to and from the station from my (then) Fiancee's apt. Twas awesome.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh. Wow. Sweet job. He got the hook up alright. :hypnotize

The flight schedule is definitely a tough job. It takes up to and including 15 minutes to write. For example:

Spiral 11: Single Seat 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 12: Gatordev 0700/0800/1100
Spiral 13: Nozeman 0700/0800/1100

Spiral 21: Single Seat 1200/1500
Spiral 22: Gatordev 1200/1500.....

You get the idea. It's a small price to pay for getting a free trip to San dog/VA Beach and working all of maybe 3 days a week.