• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34C Desktop Models

harryp123

I second AimHigherJets.com. I was looking for a custom T-34 and saw that he just added it. I ordered a T-1 before from him before. He customized it with a Columbus tail and tail number.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
The VT-3 T-6B I ordered from 12 O'Clock High is in. Randy and I have been playing phone tag but I assume it will arrive at my place sometime next week.

I'll post pics of the actual model with the correct markings/tail number when I get it. Until then here is a pic from the web site.

t-6b-texan2-large-model.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A-4C (149567).jpgA-4C (149567).jpg604 Painting.jpgBusy Bee Ejection Painting 25JUNE1966.jpg
I second AimHigherJets.com.

Thanks to the recs on here for AimHigherJets, I am ordering a custom 17" mahogany model of the late, great A-4C "Busy Bee 604". the markings & configuration will be identical to how she was when she was lost. Quite expensive, but she was a special bird, and it looks like they do excellent work!:)
BzB

phrogpilot73

I can second HeyJoe's suggestion about Island Enterprises. Good company, with good customer service. When I was on my FAC tour - we decided to turn our office into the "Ready Room" complete with briefing sticks. We ordered an F/A-18D from VMFA(AW)-224, and an SU-27... It was Skull's idea for the briefing sticks, so he paid for the two. We surprised him (the other two of us were both Phrog guys) when we also hung next to it the custom made Phrog briefing stick. The picture on their website (camo paint scheme 06) is of mine - they never offered it before us...

Angels

Contributor
I know this is a really old thread but I just got my husband's birthday gift in the mail from Island Enterprises and I can't say enough good things about them. Their customer service is excellent as is their attention to detail. I highly recommend them. Ken said it's the best gift I have ever got him. :)

Angels

Contributor
I think those are just examples. I would guess most orders are custom made. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I got him the gold pilot wings with mounted models of all the planes he has flown so far. I sent pictures with specific paint markings of planes he flew on certain missions. They repainted a couple of times until I gave the final approval. Correspondence was very timely and there wasn't a language barrier. It was a nice change from the norm.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
View attachment 10017View attachment 10017View attachment 10018View attachment 10019

Thanks to the recs on here for AimHigherJets, I am ordering a custom 17" mahogany model of the late, great A-4C "Busy Bee 604". the markings & configuration will be identical to how she was when she was lost. Quite expensive, but she was a special bird, and it looks like they do excellent work!:)
BzB
A bit belatedly posting a couple of pics of the "Busy Bee 604" model I received last year. I am really pleased with the precision of the model (Philippine mahogany), and the accuracy of the trim painting/lettering & squadron markings. It is LARGE, heavy, & pricey... but well worth it to me. From order to receipt, about 10 weeks, as it was crafted in the P.I.

During the waiting period, I swapped many e-mails with AHJ, sending color photos of 604 from all angles, to ensure accuracy in trim & markings (including the "CITY OF TULARE" in oriental script on the side of each intake), and answering their questions. It was a very successful "internet collaberation"!:)
Model-9.jpgModel-8.jpgModel   Nameplate.jpg Bill & Jeff.JPG
BzB

MasterBates

Am I looking at it wrong, or are the blades on your 60s going the wrong way? I know the 65 is "wrong" on the rotation, but the 60s being a standard Sikorsky product go the "right" way.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
BzB... cool model. How much was it, if I may be so bold and ask?
Total = $340.00 (inc. shipping in a carefully packed/damage resistent box).
Still looking for a good TH-57, T-34, and H-65 model, if anyone has any suggestions. The -57's looks weak-sauce on most of the sites.
Kow, you might check out AimHigherJets.com
Veterans Day-BusyBee, John & Patrick.JPG
*Vets Day at SD Olive Garden Salute Lunch 11/12/12
BzB

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Counterclockewise rotation for Sikorsky (and US) helos.

4564703460_56601d8406_o.jpg

Kow's blade tips are swept the wrong way (backwards) I guess he's been flying the Frenchie-Helo too long!

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Every time BzB posts a recent picture of himself, I think, "Man, being old is gonna be awesome someday."
I'm not sure about 'awesome', it's a high mileage airframe, flew at 215#...presently, crammin' to maintain 130#, the only part that hasn't shrunk is the 'stache! Lotsa hard miles, but no complaints. What is truly awesome is to get to be old in this game!;)
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I'm not sure about 'awesome', it's a high mileage airframe, flew at 215#...presently, crammin' to maintain 130#, the only part that hasn't shrunk is the 'stache! Lotsa hard miles, but no complaints. What is truly awesome is to get to be old in this game!;)
BzB
I think awesome covers it quite well!