• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

t-34/t-6 noise pollution

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Was browsing T-34 videos on youtube because I'm obviously very bored with my life, and I came across a video complaining about T-34 noise pollution. I clicked on the user name who uploaded it, and it turns out he's got dozens of videos uploaded on his page documenting these "Naval attacks" as he puts it. Thought it was interesting enough to share. I think he lives in the Bay Minette area and I guess he's trying to organize a movement to stop the traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwj8085#p/u/1/rLe2JwwEb4g

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I guess he's trying to organize a movement to stop the traffic.

Good luck with that...

Although, with enuf complaints, there are the 3 great prohibited areas of the US:
1) White House
2) Camp David
3) The alpaca farm of Molino, FL

I love that when I was here in 2003, this was still an active link...http://www.jetnoise.org/ (former website of CCAJN, the organization who protested Oceana and Fentress)

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
This asshat doesn't even know what a T-34 is. Go ahead to 0:45...

I think he needs some more flights over his place so he can get it right.

D_Rob

Lead LTJG
From this guy's page. Apparently the Navy is moving all of it's training from the PCola area to Baldwin County. Who knew?

This is a Navy T34 training plane flying over my house and circling Bay Minette Municipal Airport. The Navy has taken over this airport for their training exercises. Both fixed wing and rotary aircraft use this field daily. Because the Navy received so many noise complaints from people moving into new housing developments which are encroaching on Milton and Pensacola airfields they moved their training to Baldwin County. The Bay minette Municipal Airport is home to Skywarriors, Inc. who solicited a contract from the Navy to train navy cadet pilots. Of course, the City of Bay Minette, the County Commissioners and your representatives were glad to get anything that might mean a little more tax money to waste. The Baldwin County Planning Commission in September of 2008 signed off on the Navy expansion program. There will be two airstrips at Barin field and Silverhill and eventually at Summerdale to accommodate the T-6b Texan. This plane requires longer runways because it has a weak braking system and cannot reverse it's prop. The runways have to be at least 6000 feet in length. The government is spending millions of dollars for this expansion while there are perfectly good airfields in South Florida which already meet these requirements. Baldwin County depends on tourism for much of its income but this certainly won't help that industry. However, the politicians could care less as long as they can get their hands on a little more government money. The citizens of Baldwin County have been sold out for a few extra dollars. People should remember this when the next election comes along. As far as i'm concerned we should throw them all out, city, county, state and federal representatives

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
From this guy's page. Apparently the Navy is moving all of it's training from the PCola area to Baldwin County. Who knew?
Yes. Navy cadet pilots? Skywarriors training in T-34s? This guy clearly has the inside scoop. Pack up your stuff boys, get ready to PCS to Bay Minette.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Would like to find out where he lives so I can conveniently have to use the relief tube next time I'm up that way.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Get used to it. Every single military airfield and OLF in this country has a dedicated cadre of local concerned citizens to bitch about it. Everything from the blatant money grab ("The noise is driving down my property values, I should be compensated") to the tinfoil-hat brigade ("The military is surveying local municipalities to prepare for the UN occupation force/pick sites for Hussein Obama's planned madrassas/inform for the Alien Overlords/all of the above"). They provide entertainment value if nothing else, and the level of cluelessness about how the military and aviation work is sometimes truly breathtaking.

yak52driver

Contributor
My observation with those who complain about airport noise around my airport are old, miserable unhappy people who want to make everyone around them unhappy. The local FSDO pretty much dismisses their stupidity. There was talk of putting F-22's at KMSN a while back (before the cutbacks) and they decided against it because the liberal populace wouldn't like the noise. Jets in aferburner are the sound of freedom, IMHO.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I hear those darn helicopters when they fly near my house, if they keep doing it I'm going to start with the noise complaints too!

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I hear those darn helicopters when they fly near my house, if they keep doing it I'm going to start with the noise complaints too!
<-- waits for fc2spyguy to be the first Naval Aviator to call in a noise complaint on himself. :D

As long as they just bitch and moan, that's one thing. I was doing FCLPs at NUW a couple years ago and some asshole at the 180 was shining a spotlight up at my jet. IIRC, we called it in to Tower but never heard anything else about it.

Yeah, I'm disturbing your beauty sleep. So go ahead. Blind me so I depart the jet and your house goes up in a flaming ball of wreckage. Dickwad.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
<-- waits for fc2spyguy to be the first Naval Aviator to call in a noise complaint on himself. :D

Well, there's a Prowler guy who posts on this site (looking at you, Meat) who holds the dubious distinction of calling in a noise complaint on his own platform - so the rumor goes. :D

Brett