• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 Mishap from Whiting Field

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow the Major is literally from my hometown- I'm the next zipcode over. Prayers to all involved.

Rubiks06

pilot
I flew with Major Yaggy several times. He signed me off on one of my safe for solo's. He was an all around solid guy. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
As another former Shooter and as a student who flew with Major Yaggy, my thoughts and prayers go out to both his and the student Marines families and friends. Hang in there Shooters

Semper Fi

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
Hope ya didn't fail your check... 11 inch rod...

way to ruin a dick joke offered in memory of the lost with systems knowledge.... besides even if my "fuel system" rod is really 11 inches, I will probably refer to it as being 12, maybe 13 inches...

Cavt

Living the dream
pilot
The Yaggy rod. HA. His on-wing told us about that at our tie cutting "you know what they call that Ensign?"
"The 11-inch rod sir?"
"No, thats the Yaggy rod."

So classic, I briefed with him once didn't get to fly because of weather, I was scared going into the brief but was really bummed we were canceled after the day was done. That guy cared about students in a way I have seen in very few instructors.

Kycntryboy

pilot
The Yaggy rod. HA. His on-wing told us about that at our tie cutting "you know what they call that Ensign?"
"The 11-inch rod sir?"
"No, thats the Yaggy rod."

So classic, I briefed with him once didn't get to fly because of weather, I was scared going into the brief but was really bummed we were canceled after the day was done. That guy cared about students in a way I have seen in very few instructors.

Yeah, same with me briefed a form flight then it got cx. I do remember a tie cutting with him and his onwing, where the stud was getting into him, "Now that made me think... the Yaggy rod...is it called that because of the length or because of the girth." It was pretty funny.

TheGreatWaldo

pilot
Prayers and condolences to the families. Both guys will be missed. I had the pleasure of flying with Maj Yaggy on several occassions. I had some good conversations with him flying lead on the painfully boring B/R's during forms. As for those of you who didn't have the honor to meet AJ, I can tell you (from being his rack mate at OCS) he was a solid guy as well. He was a great friend and stand-up Marine. RIP