• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 Mishap from Whiting Field

PhrogTrip01

Maj Yaggy

As a former Shooter, I can remember reading the schedule and thinking "oh man, I'm toast...I'm flying with Major Yaggy." He knew his stuff and he made sure that you knew yours. But like so many have said, he was a great instructor and a skilled aviator. The Corps has lost one of its finest. I didn't know 2nd Lt. Prezioso but he was a Marine and a Shooter, and that's enough for me to know that he too will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to the family and friends of these two aviators. You will all be in my prayers. Shooters, hang in there. This too, shall pass.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Rest in peace brothers.
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080320/NEWS01/80320036&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL
InMemory.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Although I am several years removed from the Shooters, some of my favorite flights were with the USMC instructors. My prayers are with the familys during this Holy Week.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
The service was at NASP chapel today and it was really nice. Standing room only crowd. Prezioso was designated a Naval Aviator and promoted to 1st Lt.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It's good to see that their memories were honored so well and that they had a such a nice ceremony. The article definitely tugged at the heart strings.

Yeah, same with me briefed a form flight then it got cx. I do remember a tie cutting with him and his onwing, where the stud was getting into him, "Now that made me think... the Yaggy rod...is it called that because of the length or because of the girth." It was pretty funny.
:D

Hilarious. I bet the Major got some great chuckles from that.

Best of luck to the families of both Marines.

Bighead

This is a big loss to everyone who knew AJ. Alex and I were friends in college and roommates when we moved to Pensacola. He was a great friend and great Marine and will be missed!

Semper Fi!
You will always live on in our memories and hearts.

tegtag

I talked with AJ's dad and stepmom after they met with MATSG CO, TW5 Commodore, Senior Marine, et al and they were taken back by the professionalism and genuine sadness displayed by all.

Its a testament to the leadership down here in Pcola that those two Marines were properly remembered and their families taken care of.

Semper Fidelis